Who doesn’t love a bargain? The rise in popularity of thrift stores attests to the fact that
everyone loves a bargain. If you are a thrift store aficionado, these 13 stores throughout Nevada are guaranteed to provide hours of happy treasure hunting and time well spent.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. Cleopatra's Treasures - 1520 S. Main St., Las Vegas (702) 873-1406
Established in 2012 by a 20-year-old college student, Cleo's (as it is affectionately called) is an Arabian-themed treasure trove of designer and vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories for men and women. Cleo's is a favorite among Las Vegas locals and visitors alike.
2. Junkee Clothing Exchange - 960 S. Virginia St., Reno (775) 322-5865
Described by one customer as "a thrift store on steroids," Junkee is divided into antique and vintage sides with thousands of amazing bargains throughout the entire store. A local favorite for vintage clothing, the friendly and helpful staff makes the experience truly pleasant.
3. The Rock Thrift Store - 1325 Baring Blvd., Sparks (775) 870-1126
The Rock's low prices, weekly sales, friendly staff, and commitment to the community make it a favorite for locals. The store is chock full of gently used clothing, furniture, household goods, books, music, and odds-and-ends. Both buying and selling is easy and pleasant.
4. Almost New Kids Consignment - 3335 E. Russell Rd., Las Vegas (702) 606-0727
Almost New is a huge resale and consignment shop for all things children. From clothes to toys to furniture to strollers to car seats to bouncers to high chairs and much, much more, this is a thrifty parent's (or grandparent's) dream.
5. Sweet Repeats - 2285 Main St. Ste. B, Genoa (775) 309-3133
Formerly located in Carson City, the now Genoa-based Sweet Repeats offers a nice mix of new and gently used, consignment merchandise at great prices and with friendly service.
6. Gold Mine - 4746 N. Virginia St., Reno (775) 323-1922
Gold Mine is quite a find in Reno where shoppers can hunt for a variety of new, gently used, antique, vintage, and collectible items.
7. Carson's Treasures Thrift Store - 4949 US Highway 50 E., Carson City (775) 301-9802
Carson's Treasures is a family owned and operated thrift store that specializes in everything under the sun. Conveniently located, this shop is clean, items are well-priced, and staff is friendly.
8. Odds and Ends Thrift Store - 4460 N. Rancho Dr., Las Vegas (702) 272-5907
In addition to the usual thrift shop fare, Odds and Ends also carries baseball cards, jewelry, comic books, vinyls, complete houseware sets, and everything in between. Many rare and vintage items are also available and plentiful.
9. Classy Seconds Thrift Shop - 411 Hot Springs Rd., Carson City (775) 841-7081
This enormous 10,000-square-foot shop is the king of local thrift stores and carries everything from clothing and accessories to furniture to books to housewares and beyond. Its "boutique" offers designer clothing and accessories. Staff is friendly and the prices are terrific.
10. Jover Art - 2187 N. Decatur, Ste. 100, Las Vegas (702) 636-0686
For the quality-over-quantity thrifter, Jover Art is a smaller shop full of gently-used clothing, furniture, kitchenware, seasonal items, and random odds-and-ends. Staff is extremely friendly and the store is well-organized with great prices.
11. Poppin' Tags - 403 Hot Springs Rd., Ste. 4, Carson City (775) 882-TAGS (8247)
Poppin' Tags is a family owned and operated thrift store that is committed to providing its customers with quality merchandise at the best prices and always with a smile from the staff.
12. Just Stuff Thrift Store - 1458 Aultman St., Ely (775) 289-2211
This little gem in Ely is a great, old-fashioned, friendly, small-town shop with great prices and a large variety of items.
13. House of Bargains - 4000 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas (702) 636-4855
Chock full of old, new, used, antique, and vintage items, House of Bargains is a treasure trove for shoppers who are looking for clothing, appliances, housewares, furniture, and assorted knick knacks.
If you love thrift stores, these 13 are among the best in the state. Have I missed your favorite one? Please comment below.