Nevada November 19, 2017
12 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Nevada
Want to know if someone is really from Nevada? In case you have your doubts about someone, check out these 12 foolproof ways to spot an imposter in the Silver State and see if he or she has committed any of these “sins.”
1. They mispronounce "Nevada."
For the last time, it's "Ne-vAd-a" not "Ne-vod-a."
2. They think the Wolf Pack is a street gang.
It's not. It's the University of Nevada, Reno's sports teams.
3. They only think Las Vegas when they hear Nevada.
Nevada is chock-full of gorgeous mountains, prairies, lakes, and rivers.
4. They ask when the bars close.
5. They think Burning Man is an accident victim.
Burning Man is an annual festival at Black Rock City.
6. They call 31 October "Halloween."
Pshaw. It's Nevada Day.
7. They're dressed like Elvis.
There was only one Elvis, and the King allegedly haunts the Westgate Hotel now.
8. They complain that it's hot when the mercury hits 80 degrees.
80 is nothing. In the southern deserts, we brave the triple digits. But, remember, it's a dry heat.
9. They wear a cowboy hat and boots.
Unless you're a real cowboy, just...DON'T. Please. The same goes for a Star Trek character. Especially a red-shirt.
10. They know how to drive.
Nevadans (especially in the south) are notoriously horrible drivers. Especially in the rain.
11. They think a parlay card is something French.
That's parlez, as in parlez vous stupid?
12. They're dressed like aliens.
Oh, wait (cough) Area 51 (cough.)
Can you think of any other ways to spot an imposter in Nevada? Please share below.