Nebraska February 06, 2016
14 Struggles Everyone In Nebraska Can Relate To
Living in Nebraska is pretty sweet. They call it “The Good Life” for a reason, after all. But there are still some things we all struggle with that go along with being a Nebraskan.
1. Trying to get anywhere in Nebraska without a car.
Whether you're in the country, city, or suburbs, you really need some kind of vehicle if you want to live in Nebraska.
2. Having to decide between dinner at Runza...
3. ...Or getting the giant pork tenderloin at your local Dairy Twist (or whatever it's called in your town).
Runza vs. tenderloin? Maybe I'll have to have both...
4. Finding out the restaurant you're at doesn't have Dorothy Lynch.
What?! How is this even possible?
5. When your significant other loves football but you really couldn't care less.
Game days seem to last forever...
6. Even worse, when your significant other roots for a college team that's not the Huskers.
I'm not sure, but this might be grounds for divorce.
7. Being elected as the designated driver on game day.
It's the responsible thing to do, and you don't really mind taking your turn at it...it's just that a game without a few beers feels weird.
8. Trying to go vegetarian.
You'll be getting a lot of weird looks at restaurants when you ask them to leave the meat off of your salad.
9. Arguing with a friend or family member about whether it's called "soda" or "pop."
My husband and I have an understanding that we won't try to convince each other anymore. We just agree to disagree on which one is right.
10. Being on a diet during the Nebraska State Fair...
Mmmm, caramel apples.
11. ...Or NebraskaLand Days...
Where tasty food is literally around every corner.
12. ...Or the Applejack Festival.
I have dreams about this pie. No way I'd let a diet stand between me and fresh apple pie.
13. Having to explain over and over where Nebraska is.
It's a little weird that anyone can make it to adulthood without knowing at least the approximate locations of the states.
14. ...And that we're not still living in the wild west.
Sure, we have cowboys...but we also have electricity, running water, internet, and all of the other conveniences of the modern world, despite what some people in other parts of the country seem to think.
What are some other struggles you live with as a Nebraskan? Share your own in the comments.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.