Nebraska November 10, 2015
These 25 Mind-Blowing Sceneries Totally Define Nebraska
We’re beyond lucky to live in a state with such amazing and diverse scenery. Where else can you go from cityscapes to farmland to rolling sand dunes to rocky bluffs, all within the borders of one state? We share a lot of nature photos here, but there’s a good reason for that: Nebraska is just completely beautiful. These scenes perfectly capture Nebraska.
1. The Old Market area in Omaha, looking east from the 40th floor of the First National building.
2. Looking out over the undeniably spectacular Niobrara Valley Preserve.
3. This iconic image of the BNSF train coming around Crawford Hill is classic Nebraska.
4. A stunning look out from beneath Platte River Falls at Platte River State Park.
5. This picture makes me want to sneeze, but it's still so pretty.
6. This "minimum maintenance road" in Kearney County is more like a dirt path through a field.
7. A gorgeous morning dawns at Lake Cunningham in Omaha.
8. This home and windmill are dwarfed by the surrounding windswept plains.
9. A lonely abandoned house in a field seems graceful somehow.
10. A Valentine sunset, perfectly offset by a lovely windmill.
11. This spectacular snap of lightning over a field is such a familiar sight.
12. The fall colors and oncoming storm are reflected in Standing Bear Lake.
13. There are no words for this incredible rural scene near Elgin. (Did you notice the moon in the upper left?)
14. A breathtaking view of the Scotts Bluff National Monument.
15. There's Chimney Rock rising in the distance, just like it must have looked to travelers on the Oregon Trail.
16. This sight reminds me of long weekend drives through the country.
17. Lincoln is swallowed up by trees when it's viewed from the top of the capitol building.
18. A sunset over a fence and fields near Potter.
19. This Lincoln sunset is just...wow.
20. This re-created oxen and wagon scene in front of Scotts Bluff National Monument is so very Nebraskan.
21. This sunset over Florence (Omaha) is simply magical.
22. Standing Bear Lake never fails to impress with its lovely foliage.
23. These round bales are always such a fun sight every fall in Nebraska.
24. Vibrant fall colors surround this tall barn.
25. A truly beautiful view of the 2015 harvest in Hall County.
These are all amazing – I’ll never get enough of Nebraska’s landscapes! Which is your favorite? If you have any pics of your own to share, be sure to post them on the Only in Nebraska Facebook page.