Nebraska December 11, 2015
15 Ways People In Nebraska Can Relax And Take It Easy
It’s not unusual to feel a little stressed this time of year. There’s so much to do, so many plans to make, and so many things to do. But it’s important to take time for yourself to avoid getting burned out. There are plenty of opportunities to step back and enjoy life for a while in Nebraska before you get back to your hectic life.
1. Go for a walk or hike while you take in some stunning natural surroundings.
2. Or go for a bike ride on one of the state's many, many trails.
This is part of the Cowboy Trail.
3. Or just get out and be in nature. Pack a chilly-weather picnic along with some sweaters and a blanket and watch nature while you have a peaceful outdoor meal.
4. Do a little winter bird watching. Not all of the birds leave Nebraska in the winter!
5. Treat yourself to a day at the spa.
We highly recommend the Lied Lodge spa in Nebraska City.
6. Visit your local library and pick out a great book.
Then go home, turn off your phone, and read all day.
7. Go for a nice, leisurely drive in the country.
8. Take in one of Nebraska's famous sunsets.
You can feel the tension melting away.
9. Avoid watching this week's football game.
We know it's fun and you love it...but watching a heated game is definitely more stimulating than relaxing!
10. Take a tour of one of Nebrsaka's fine vineyards or wineries.
11. Get together with some good friends for drinks at your neighborhood bar.
This time-tested tradition is actually a pretty good way to wind down.
12. If drinking isn't your thing, how about meeting some friends at a local coffee shop for java and pastries?
13. Go stargazing in the middle of nowhere.
Get away from the populated areas on a clear night and just look up. It'll take your breath away. The big, fancy telescope is optional.
14. Take in some art at one of Nebraska's several fine art museums.
15. If you really want to treat yourself, take an entire weekend off and spend it at a romantic B & B.
What do YOU do to de-stress and unwind when life gets to be a little too much for you? Contribute to the list with your own suggestions in the comments.