Nebraska February 06, 2018
11 Reasons No One In Their Right Mind Visits Nebraska In The Winter
While we heartily recommend visiting Nebraska in the spring, summer, and fall, who in their right mind would come to the Cornhusker State in the winter? No one, that’s who – and here’s why no one should.
1. It's dreadfully drab and ugly.
Ugh, have you ever seen anything so unattractive?
2. There's nothing fun to do at all.
We really don't know how to have a good time in winter. Is that even possible?
3. No one even leaves their houses all winter.
Since there's nothing to do and it's so cold, we pretty much just stay inside from October to March.
4. Everyone just loathes the snow...
Ew, falling snow is probably the worst thing we've ever seen.
5. ...And we're buried under about 6 feet of it all winter long.
We haven't seen grass or concrete for months.
6. We take ourselves WAY too seriously.
We're so grumpy all winter that you probably wouldn't want to be around us anyway.
7. You can forget about your favorite outdoor activities.
Love fishing? Well, prepare to give it up for a while because you just don't do that here when it's cold out.
8. And you might as well get used to your kids doing nothing but watching TV until the spring thaw.
Have you heard? Kids
hate the snow. Even if there were fun things to do, they'd want to stay in all winter anyway.
9. There's no color anywhere.
It's all brown and white, everywhere you look. It's all pretty depressing, if you ask us.
10. Don't count on spotting any cool wildlife until spring.
All of the animals have the right idea - they've left for warmer, prettier places.
11. The whole state pretty much shuts down in the winter - no festivals or fun times at all.
We hate the winter so much that we wouldn't even think about celebrating it, especially with fun-sounding activities like "Winterfest."
In case you haven’t picked up on it yet, we’re being totally sarcastic. Nebraska is amazing in the winter! A little (or a lot of) snow can’t hold us back from having all kinds of fun all year round.
For some awesome things to do this winter if you DO decide to go out, check out
this list here – and here’s another one for good measure.