Visit Branched Oak Lake In Nebraska, A Hidden Gem Beach That Has Its Very Own Equestrian Campground
A beach in Nebraska? Yes, please! There are actually quite a few nice beaches in Nebraska where you can spend the day relaxing. Branched Oak Lake about 20 miles north of Lincoln is one of those lovely beaches. While it’s popular for boaters, there are great swimming areas roped off for swimmers with sandy areas for sunbathing or sand castle building. And if horseback riding is your thing, you can even bring your equine buddy along with you to this awesome equestrian campground in Nebraska!
A Nebraska Parks permit is required for all visitors, and additional fees apply if you plan to stay overnight. For a great day at the beach in Nebraska, head over to the Branched Oak Lake official website. It’s perfect for families, friends, and horse lovers!
Have you ever been to this hidden beach in Nebraska? If so, which part was your favorite? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
If you’re interested in visiting other beaches in Nebraska, here are 10 gorgeous beaches that you must check out this summer!
If you’re still in the mood for more Nebraska adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
Where can we find other campgrounds in Nebraska?
- Johnson Lake State Recreation Area in Lexington features modern camping sites and lots of boating opportunities.
- Chadron State Park in Chadron features modern camping sites as well as cabins for rent.
- Calamus Reservoir in Burwell has scores of campsites as well as those with electrical hookups for RVs.
Read on to learn more about other campgrounds in Nebraska.
Where can we find bed and breakfast inns in Nebraska?
- The Balcony House Bed & Breakfast in Imperial was built in the 1890s and is one of the most popular accommodations in the state.
- The Burchell's White Hill Farmhouse Inn in Minden is a stunning property that has been in the same family since 1911.
- The Convent House Bed & Breakfast in Steinauer is set in a former Benedictine convent.
Read on to learn more about other charming bed and breakfast inns in Nebraska.
Where can we find waterparks in Nebraska?
- Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides in Omaha is the largest outdoor water park in the state.
- The Westmoor Pool in Scottsbluff features several water slides, a lazy river, and water cannons.
- The Coco Key Water Resort in Omaha is an indoor 65,000-square-foot water park featuring tons of water-themed features.
Read on to learn more about other fun waterparks in Nebraska.