10 Foolproof Ways To Make Someone From Montana Cringe
For the most part, Montanans are a pretty laid back, “live and let live” group of people. But that doesn’t mean there’s no way to get under our skin. Here are a few things that manage to make us cringe.
1. Assume we are all cowboys.
It's not that there's anything wrong with being a cowboy - we have plenty, and we love them. But stereotyping us all is ridiculous.
2. Drive below the speed limit.
Highways were built for speed, especially here.
3. Have bad manners.
We say "please" and "thank you" here, we hold doors for people and we smile and make eye contact.
4. Show us the latest home and rent prices.
There are still a few affordable places to live in the Last Best Place, but for the most part, the cost of living has skyrocketed here.
5. Claim to know all there is to know about Montana when you've lived there for less than a year (or you're just visiting)...
6. ... or, even worse, speak poorly of Montana.
What about this is terrible, exactly?
7. Tell us we should go vegan.
Good luck with that.
8. Tell us your winters are so much worse than ours.
Depending on what part of Montana you call home, winter can basically last for 8 months.
9. Ask us "Where's THAT?" when we tell you we're from Montana.
Have those people never looked at a map?
10. Start any sentence with, "Back in California where I'm from, we did things like this..."
Don't even go there.
If you can avoid doing as many of these things as possible, you should have a great time in Montana. Were you born and raised in the Treasure State? Here are
10 signs you probably grew up here.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.