Montana August 07, 2017
9 Reasons To Visit This Underrated Montana City As Soon As Possible
Part of the charm of Montana lies in all of its small, quiet towns that only locals seem to know about. While tourists flock to Bozeman, Big Sky and Missoula (and we don’t blame them), the Treasure State is also full of hidden gems that Montanans adore.
Thompson Falls is a small city of about 1,360 friendly people, and we happen to think it’s a wonderful place to visit. And if you’re wondering why, we’ll give you a few good reasons:
1. The Old Jail Museum is awesome.
The Old Jail Museum is one of the oldest buildings in continuous use. It's typically only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so if you want to see it, plan a summer trip.
2. You can take a daring drive over the historic Thompson Falls High Bridge.
The views are spectacular.
3. Thompson Falls sits right on the Clark Fork River.
If you enjoy fly fishing, this place is paradise. And even if you don't, who can resist spending a nice day by the water?
4. You'll want to eat at Minnie's Cafe as many times as you can.
This old school eatery is known statewide for its hearty breakfasts and tasty dinner entrees.
5. At long last, Thompson Falls is about to have a brewery.
Limberlost Brewing Company has been a long time coming. Owner Zach Whipple-Kilmer has been making his own beer for 10 years, and he's finalizing plans for a brewery that's sure to be amazing.
6. Rest and rejuvenate at the peaceful Bear Creek Resort.
Located at 995 Blue Slide Road, the Bear Creek Resort is a beautiful retreat with rustic cabin-themed suites, a fire pit, activities, and two streams running right through the property.
7. You'll be neat the beautiful Ross Creek Cedars.
The Ross Creek Cedars Scenic Area is home to some cedar trees that are over 1,000 years old.
8. You can explore some pretty great shops.
Linda's Montana Gifts and Sunflower Gallery are two examples of the great gift shops and artist co-ops you'll find in Thompson Falls.
9. When it comes down to it, Thompson Falls is just plain charming.
It embodies all the best things about Small Town America, it's surrounded by beautiful nature, and there are just enough amenities to enjoy yourself.
Have we convinced you to visit Thompson Falls? If you can’t make it, perhaps you can explore one of
Montana’s other underrated cities in the near future.