Montana January 19, 2018
13 Ways You Can Tell That Montana Is The Only Place For You
Even if you were born and raised in Montana, for one reason or another, you may have left at one time (or at least considered leaving). But eventually, you probably come to realize that there’s simply no place like home. Here are the signs that there’s nowhere else in the world for you besides Big Sky Country.
1. This is your idea of heaven.
We live in a beautiful world, and there are scenes in other states that are downright gorgeous. But true Montanans know nothing will ever top Glacier National Park.
2. Big cities give you anxiety.
Montana's biggest city has a population of 110,323. That's roughly 1/10 of San Francisco.
3. You love pasties...
... yes, the meat kind.
4. ... and huckleberries...
5. ... and you know the best cherries in the world come from the Flathead.
6. You’re on a first name basis with your neighbors (although you may not be able to see your house from theirs), and you like it that way.
7. You may not leave your doors unlocked, but you like knowing you could if you really wanted to.
It's such a nice feeling.
8. You’re a history buff, be it prehistoric or more recent.
From the Dinosaur Trail to the well-reserved ghost towns and museums, Montana is a haven for history lovers.
9. You prefer to truly experience all four seasons, harsh winters and all.
Every season has its beauty.
10. You have a passion for some kind of outdoor activity, be it hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, or all of the above.
Living in Montana means loving the great outdoors.
11. You know in your heart that the "little things" in life are really the big things.
In Montana, the simple life IS the good life.
12. You get completely depressed when you imagine living anywhere else.
You know you belong in Montana when the very thought of moving makes you homesick.
13. Although you know it isn’t perfect, you’ll defend Montana at all costs.
The state pride is strong.
If most of these things apply to you, you definitely belong in Montana. And if you grew up here, you’ll definitely relate to