Montana's Most Colorful Lakeshore Is Stunning And You Need To See It
It’s hard not to be impressed when you’re standing on the shores of Lake McDonald. Glacier National Park’s largest lake is absolutely breathtaking, not to mention that the surrounding views look totally surreal. It’s a really incredible place to go for a day or a weekend getaway. You might have heard about how unique the Montana colored rocks are, and it’s all true. You’ve never seen anything like this anywhere else!
Have you seen the most colorful lake in Montana in person? Have you seen other lakes in Montana with colorful rocks?
Isn’t Glacier National Park amazing? The views are simply breathtaking and we’re sure you’ll be wowed every time you go. We would love to hear all about your experience in the comments. We’ve started with 12 reasons why you’ll fall in love with Glacier National Park when you visit, how many more reasons can you come up with?
More to Explore
Montana Colored Rocks
What are the best waterfall hikes in Montana?
If you love water features, you will be thrilled by the best waterfall hikes in Montana. A few hikes to consider:
- If you head to Glacier National Park, you'll find the gorgeous St. Mary and Virginia Falls Trail and get to see an incredible view of two stunning waterfalls.
- Ousel Falls Trail in Gallatin County is another pretty spot where you'll get to see beautiful waterfalls. As this trail is only about a mile and a half long, it's a good one when you don't have too much time but still want to get out in nature.
What are the most beautiful lakes in Montana?
When you're a big fan of lakes, there's nothing that can satisfy the craving for more peaceful pools. The most beautiful lakes in Montana include:
- Hebgen Lake, which is in the Yellowstone area. It's a great place to go camping and have a great little getaway.
- Lake McDonald has gorgeous clear blue water that you won't be able to take your eyes off the whole day.
- Mystic Lake is another striking sight, surrounded by mountains and a clear blue sky.
You can't go wrong going to any lake in our amazing state.
Are there any good swimming holes in Montana?
Yes, there are plenty of good swimming holes in Montana!
- You'll love the Dearborn River for its clear water and beautiful rocky environment.
- If you're in Miles City, check out The Natural Oasis for a municipal swimming pool constructed entirely by Mother Nature.
- You should also definitely plan to make a trip to Flathead Lake for mesmerizing blue water you won't soon forget!