Montana February 01, 2017
11 Incredible Trips In Montana That Will Change Your Life
The best part of living in a place as large as Montana is that you don’t have to cross a single state border to have an experience that will give you a new perspective on life. Take these 11 trips and you’ll never see our beautiful state the same way.
1. Visit the gem of Eastern Montana, Makoshika State Park, for glimpses of a unique kind of beauty you won’t find anywhere else in the state.
2. Check out Fort Benton and see why it’s called the Birthplace of Montana.
Not only is
full of local history, but it’s a beautiful and enjoyable place.
3. Delve into the Lewis and Clark Caverns and you’ll feel like you’re on another planet.
Lewis and Clark Caverns
are located in southeastern Jefferson County, and they’re open year round. During peak months (spring-fall) you can take a guided tour.
4. If you’re a hiker, you’ll love this abandoned railroad hike.
5. See as much of Montana’s Dinosaur Trail as you can to learn more about our state’s first known inhabitants.
6. If you’re feeling brave (and you’ve got the time) you can take a five day hike to Montana’s most remote spot.
7. Whether you think it’s legitimate or an illusion, you must check out Montana’s strangest phenomenon.
8. Take a train ride through some of the most beautiful parts of our state on Amtrak’s Empire Builder.
9. Visit Butte and learn about our local mining (and brothel) history.
10. On your next trip to Glacier National Park, check out Montana’s most colorful lakeshore.
11. Montana has a “Grand Canyon” too, and you’ll want to see it.
Montana is so beautiful. Get out and explore it
on these epic road trips.