This Underrated Trail In Montana Leads To A Hidden Turquoise Lake
There’s nothing like hiking to something truly spectacular, like a shimmering turquoise lake. In fact, we have a body of water that is — appropriately — named Turquoise Lake in Montana — but if you want to see it, you’ll have to put in some serious work. Rest assured, though, your efforts will be well rewarded. And you won’t want to forget your camera!
Have you ever visited Turquoise Lake in Montana? What was your experience there like? Feel free to tell us all about it in the comments below — we would love to hear from you! Montana has some of the most incredible hiking trails in the country. For proof of this, look no further than our list of the most beautiful hikes in Montana.
Looking to inspire your travels? Take a look at this awesome footage of Turquoise Lake and prepare to be amazed!
Looking for even more hiking ideas? We’ve put together a hiking bucket list for Montana — and there’s something for everyone on the list! While you’re planning your next epic outing, don’t forget to check out our Ultimate Hiking Packing List so you’re totally prepared.
More to Explore
turqoise lake in Montana
What are some of the very best trails in Montana?
Hiking in Montana is an adventure on every outdoor enthusiast's bucket list. The stunning lakes, the staggering mountains, and the dense forest lend themselves to some unforgettable hiking adventures. For this reason, we've compiled an ultimate hiking bucket list for Montana, and it includes the following trails:
- St. Mary and Virginia Falls Trail, Glacier National Park
- Grotto Falls Trail, Bozeman
- Ousel Falls Trail, Gallatin County
- Crow Creek Falls Trail, Townsend
- Morrell Falls National Recreation Trail, Seeley Lake
- Kootenai Falls Trail, near Libby
- Rockwell Falls Trail, Glacier National Park
What are some of the best waterfalls in Montana?
There's nothing quite like exploring a rushing, mesmerizing waterfall. Here are some of our favorite waterfalls in Montana:
- Where Water Meets Rock, Olney
- Kootenai Falls, near Libby
- Waterfall at Glacier National Park
- Woodbine Falls
- Holland Lake Waterfall
- Triple Falls at Glacier National Park
- Running Eagle Falls, Glacier National Park
- Ousel Falls, Gallatin County
- Aster Falls, East Glacier
- Pinkham Creek Falls, Rexford
- Virginia Falls, Glacier National Park
- Grotto Falls, near Bozeman
- Glacial Cascade