Montana December 22, 2017
Here’s Why Exploring More Of Montana Should Be Your Only New Year’s Resolution
If you live in the Treasure State, you’re lucky indeed. But it’s easy to get so busy with everyday life that you forget that our beautiful state spans way beyond your backyard. Make 2018 The Year of the Staycation by vowing to explore more of Montana instead of leaving it. We’ll give you a few compelling reasons.
1. Glacier National Park... need we say more?
Montana is home to the Crown Jewel of the Continent. And no matter how many times you go, it's never enough.
2. Flathead Lake is truly one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
Yes, it's a popular vacation destination in the summer, but you should still visit.
3. Eastern Montana is highly underrated, and you should explore more of it.
The Terry Badlands are incredible, and so is Makoshika State Park.
4. Every Montanan should drive from Glacier National Park to Yellowstone (or vice versa) at least once.
it's an unforgettable experience.
5. Montana has the best ghost towns on the planet.
Bannack... Garnet... Virginia City... you get the idea. Check them out and learn more about our fascinating history.
6. Montana has one of the most scenic highways in the country. Check it out.
The Beartooth Highway is truly amazing.
7. Montana has some of the most visually stunning hiking trails on Earth.
This is a scene from the Hidden Lake Trail at Glacier, but you'll find amazing hikes all over the state.
8. Our tourist towns are awesome — don't let people from other states be the only ones to enjoy them.
9. We need to support our local restaurants with awesome histories, like this one.
Yesterday's Calf-A serves amazing pie inside an old schoolhouse.
10. Montana is full of the most amazing hidden gems, and you owe it to yourself to discover a few for yourself.
This is the beautiful Hyalite Canyon.
Get out there and explore Montana in 2018.
You won’t regret it.