Montana February 04, 2016
10 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Montana
Are you thinking about asking a Montana guy or gal to be your Valentine this year? We can’t say we blame you…Montanans are the best. However, before you pursue the romance, there are a few things you should know.
1. Any restaurant you take them to should be cowboy boots-appropriate.
Cowboy boots go in and out of style, but in Montana, they’re a timeless staple. They are considered appropriate to wear with anything.
2. You’d better be ready to explore the great outdoors.
Good luck finding someone from Montana who doesn’t like to go outside. Their state is full of natural wonders and they grew up surrounded by outdoor beauty.
3. You should be respectful and polite.
Born-and-raised Montanans value manners and kindness. Of course that means treating your date with respect, but it also means saying “please” and “thank you” to others, being kind to restaurant servers and looking their family members in the eye.
4. Don’t even think about complaining about the cold weather or snow.
They’ve probably seen worse, and they’ll tell you so.
5. If you don’t already love country music, you should probably learn to appreciate it.
At least familiarize yourself with the most popular singers and bands so you can hold a conversation about music with your Montanan love.
6. You don’t have to order the salad...ever.
You’re welcome to have one if it’s what you want, but no true Montanan will judge you for getting a burger or steak instead.
7. Speaking of food, don’t assume they love all seafood.
Montana is landlocked. And while plenty of its residents enjoy freshly caught fish from Montana rivers and lakes, there are also quite a few who either don’t like seafood or have no interest in trying it. To be safe, don’t serve them steamed mussels on a first date.
8. A typical date might look like this…
You know how to Two-Step, right?
9. ...or this.
The stargazing in Big Sky Country is amazing.
10. Once you have their heart, they will be loyal and devoted to you.
Treat them right and they’ll love you like you’ve never been loved before.
What else should people know about dating someone from Montana?