Montana January 05, 2017
These 13 Restaurants Serve The Best Bloody Mary In Montana
Nothing beats a bloody Mary with your weekend brunch… or your Tuesday night steak dinner if that’s more your style. Needless to say, there are many great places in Montana to indulge, and these 13 are ranked among the best.
Since this is a list of restaurants, it’s limited to places that serve food, so some of our bars and distilleries didn’t make the cut (but feel free to investigate their bloody Mary options). Think of this as a guide to the best spots for enjoying a Mary with a meal.
1. Cateye Cafe, 23 N. Tracy Ave., Bozeman
The Cateye Cafe is known for its eclectic brunch menu, and it's also well known that they make an excellent bloody Mary.
2. The Iron Horse Brew Pub, 501 N. Higgins Ave., Missoula
The Iron Horse opens at 11 AM, otherwise known as "bloody Mary time."
3. Hooligan’s Sports Bar, 109 N. Broadway, Billings
The general consensus is that even those who don't care for bloody Marys like the "fully loaded" ones served here.
4. Stacey’s Old Faithful, 300 Mill St., Gallatin Gateway
Stacey's is an underrated steakhouse, and their bloody Mary is second to none.
5. Lakeside Restaurant, 5295 York Rd., Helena
Lakeside has won a few local awards for its bloody Mary, which is made with house infused vodka and served in a mason jar.
6. Tamarack Brewing Company, 231 W Front St., Missoula
The bloody Mary bar at Tamarack allows you to create the drink of your dreams, so you'll never have the same Mary twice.
7. Montana Bar, 612 Main St., Miles City
If you're ever in Miles City for the Bucking Horse Sale (or any other time), a visit to this historic bar is a must. And if you participate in any of the Bucking Horse Sale festivities, so is a bloody Mary.
8. Hummingbird Cafe, 605 W Park St., Butte
The Hummingbird Cafe's bloody Marys are handcrafted, savory and irresistible (their food is excellent as well).
9. Commons 1882, 404 N. 40th St., Billings
Commons 1882 is a fairly new restaurant in Billings, and their weekend bloody Mary bar is excellent. But the Marys that the bartenders craft are also delicious.
10. The Montana Club, Missoula, Butte, Kalispell, Great Falls, Billings
The Montana Club's custom bloody Mary mix combined with SKYY vodka creates one delicious drink, and they have enough garnishes on top to count as a snack.
11. Bullwinkle’s Saloon and Eatery, 115 N. Canyon, West Yellowstone
Whether you're in the mood for a big meal or playing some slots, you'll enjoy the atmosphere at Bullwinkles, and the bloody Marys are outstanding (and strong).
12. The Craggy Range, 10 Central Ave., Whitefish
The signature bloody Mary here, the Flaming Snow Ghost, is ghost chili-infused vodka, house bloody mary mix, bacon candy, white cheddar cubes, celery, pepperoncini, pickled asparagus, stuffed olives, cornichon and salted rim. WOW. They also have a bloody Mary bar on Sundays.
13. The Rocking R Bar, 211 E Main St., Bozeman
The Rocking R Bar has been a local gathering spot in Bozeman since the 1940s. A popular opinion is that they serve the best bloody Mary in town.
Do you remember the best bloody Mary you’ve ever had? Here are a few places in Montana to indulge in a delicious brunch with your drink.