Montana December 28, 2016
14 Things Every True Montanan Does At Least Once Before They Die
If you’re born and raised in Montana, you’re a lucky person indeed. There are thousands and thousands of adventures and experiences awaiting you no matter what part of the state you call home. But there are some things that (almost) every Montanan does at some point in his or her lifetime. These are a few of them.
1. Make a tried-and-true lifelong friend.
Montana people tend to be pretty wonderful. If you manage to befriend one at a young age, you’ve probably got a friend for life.
2. Learn every back road and secret route near their hometown.
Montanans always know the best way to get from Point A to Point B.
3. Have a meal at one of Montana’s most famous steakhouses.
Sir Scott’s Oasis, the Land of Magic, Edgar Bar, Lolo Creek… Montana steaks are legendary.
4. Fall in love with the great outdoors.
It's pretty much a given.
5. Go to a rodeo.
6. Pick huckleberries.
Even most Eastern Montanans head west to do this at some point.
7. Experience the sheer beauty of Glacier National Park.
8. Visit one (or all) of our dinosaur museums.
There was a lot happening prehistorically in Montana. We’re lucky enough to have a great Dinosaur Trail for anyone curious enough to learn about it.
9. Take a drive down the scenic Beartooth Highway.
10. Take a dip in some of our amazing hot spring pools.
Our hot springs are like no other.
11. Find the ultimate place to get a burger.
Billings' Burger Dive is a fine place to start.
12. Drive Highway 2 all the way across the state.
If you haven’t taken Highway 2 from Idaho to North Dakota, you really should. US 2 passes into Montana from the beautiful town of Troy and takes you through the Northern corridor of the state.
13. Visit the Montana State Fair in Great Falls or Billings’ MontanaFair.
Like most things, Montana does state fairs best.
14. Watch a breathtaking sunset from start to finish.
There’s just nothing like it.
We’ll give you a head start on number 14. Here are some
breathtaking Montana sunset photos.