The Unassuming Town Of Smithville, Missouri Is One Of America's Best Hidden Gems For A Weekend Getaway
Missouri has so many amazing destinations and attractions that it makes getting away pretty simple. However, our biggest challenge is usually deciding where to go next. Consider the unassuming town of Smithville. This Missouri small town is home to a darling downtown and a gorgeous lake, and it is just minutes from a major city for your next adventure. With so many things to do in Smithville, MO, we think it’s an ideal destination for a weekend away. Read on to learn more about what you’ll explore when you visit one of the most charming small towns in Missouri.
Did you know there were so many amazing things to do in Smithville, Missouri? Have you visited this charming town? Feel free to share your experience in the following comments section. And, if you’d like to plan a weekend stay in the Missouri small town, I suggest looking at Vrbo for vacation rentals in the area.
After exploring Smithville, why not visit these small towns in Missouri, as well?
More to Explore
Things To Do In Smithville, MO
What are some fun facts about Smithville, Missouri?
Here are some fun facts about Smithville, Missouri:
- The town has a population of just under 11,000 residents.
- This Missouri small town is located aside from the Little Platte River.
- Smithville is located in a humid subtropical climate. As a result, it can reach over 100 degrees in the summer months.
- Smithville is spread between Clay and Platte counties.
Take a look at our Missouri Fun Facts Guide too!
What are some of the best small towns in Missouri?
Aside from Smithville, here are some of the best small towns in Missouri:
- Boonville, MO: This historical town has a population of just under 8000 residents and is home to Katy Trail State Park.
- Rocheport, MO: In addition to being located in wine country, enjoy the charming downtown area, with unique small businesses, during your visit to this Missouri small town.
- Weston, MO: We think your whole family will enjoy visiting this small town that has museums, a winery, historical sites, and plenty of opportunities to go antique shopping.
- Carthage, MO: Discover historical homes and more when you visit this small town that was burnt down during the Civil War.