The Remote Lake In Missouri Is Also The Most Peaceful
Finding solitude really isn’t that hard to do, no matter where we live in the state. We can set off on a secluded hiking trail, drive on a lonely road, or head to this remote lake in Missouri. It’s a picture-perfect destination, especially if you’re craving some quiet time outdoors at remote places in Missouri. Welcome to Pinewoods Lake, one of the best Missouri lakes.
Get an aerial view of this beautiful lake:
Do you have a favorite lake in Missouri? Tell us about it in the comments! If you don’t mind crowds, you might want to visit Rocky Falls in Missouri on a hot summer day. It’s the perfect place to cool off.
More to Explore
The Natural Beauty of Missouri
What are the most incredible natural wonders in Missouri?
The most incredible natural wonders in Missouri include:
- Current River. This river is one of the first rivers to be designated a National Park in America. The water is clean and clear and perfect for kayaking.
- Johnson’s Shut-Ins. This recreation area spans 8,647 acres and contains geological history going back 1.4 billion years.
- Elephant Rocks State Park. This geologic reserve has massive granite boulders, some of which actually look like elephants.
- Onondaga Caves. These caverns contain some of the most beautiful mineral formations in the country.
Find out more about the most incredible natural wonders in Missouri.
What are the most hidden natural attractions in Missouri?
The most hidden natural attractions in Missouri include:
- Prairie State Park. This is a place where you can hike along several trails surrounded by wildflowers and bison.
- Bluff Dwellers Cave. These caves are spread over 3,000 feet and are full of history and beauty and there‘s a nearby museum.
- Lover’s Leap. Climb to this overlook and see stunning views of the small town of Hannibal and the valley and river that surround it.
- Engelmann Woods Natural Area. There is an old-growth forest here as well as a cave and vibrant wildflowers.
Learn more about the most hidden natural attractions in Missouri.
What are the most beautiful places in Missouri?
The most beautiful places in Missouri include:
- Blue Spring in Eminence. This is the deepest freshwater spring in Missouri and has bright turquoise waters.
- Taum Sauk Mountain near Ironton. This is the highest point in Missouri and has amazing panoramic views of the lush forests.
- Hercules Glades Wilderness area near Bradleyville. These limestone glades have several beautiful waterfalls carved over the years by Long Creek.
- Powder Valley Nature Center in Kirkwood. This is a wonderful place to go for natural beauty and to spot all kinds of wildlife.
Discover more about the most beautiful places in Missouri.