The Spooky Missouri Hike That Will Lead You Somewhere Deserted
Located just outside of one of Missouri’s largest cities is a little county park that hides an impressive secret. Although the park is named for an 1800s fort that once stood on the property, the deserted remains that can be found in the park today are completely unrelated to the old fort. These picturesque remains look a bit eerie but this hike is more thrilling than chilling! Don’t just take our word for it, keep reading to find out where you can start this awesome Fort Bellefontaine haunted hike!
Have you hiked the Fort Belle Fontaine Loop Trail? If so, which part was your favorite? Do you think that it is one of the most fascinating and creepy places in Missouri? We’d love to read about your experiences in the comments section below! Looking for more haunted Missouri hikes?
Check out this other spooky site and let us know if you’re brave enough to travel these trails!
If you’re still in the mood for more Missouri adventures, take a look at this video about the 10 top-rated tourist attractions in the state:
More to Explore
Adventures in Missouri
Where can we find great hiking trails in Missouri?
- Mina Sauk Falls located in Taum Sauk State Park is accessible via beautiful a 3.8-mile loop trail featuring these falls which is the tallest waterfall in the state of Missouri.
- The Pickle Springs Natural Area is part of a National Natural Landmark with a moderate-level 1.9-mile loop trail.
- The Weldon Spring Conservation Area is home to the Lost Valley Trail which extends 10.5-miles across streams and through beautiful woods.
What are some road trip ideas in Missouri?
- Haunted Places Road Trip - This trip goes from the Jesse James Birthplace in Kearney to 9 different haunted places in Missouri and ends at the Peace Church Cemetery in Joplin.
- Most Picturesque Water Mills Road Trip - This trip goes from the Dillard Hill State Historic Site to 5 different mills and ends at the Hodgson Water Mill in Dawt Township.
- Natural Wonders Road Trip - This trip goes from the Devil’s Icebox Trail to 10 different natural wonders and ends at the Marvel Cave in Ruth C. Township.
We’re looking for romantic spots in Missouri.
- Louis - Custom horse-drawn carriage tours are very popular in the downtown area of town.
- Hermann – The Hermannhof Winery here is one of the most popular romantic places in Missouri.
- Kimmswick – Kimmswick is a historic town offering great riverboat cruises.