Kansas City September 29, 2017
13 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Kansas City
Many Kansas Citians love their home so much, they daydream of it after they’ve left. You move away, and nothing’s the same. You long for the sights and sounds of home, but what draws you back the strongest? In the end, you’ll always realize your heart will always be here in Kansas City.
1. We have the best food ever - no matter what your favorites are (but it better be BBQ!)
It doesn't matter where your barbecue loyalties lie, as long as they're within city limits.
2. We have the loudest outdoor stadium in the world.
It's not unusual to go a little deaf for a day or so after a game... but that's just part of the experience.
3. The sweet sound of our symphony orchestra.
Our orchestra sounds amazing, no matter what they play... but make sure you're not still deaf from that Chiefs game!
4. "Dress to the Nines Day" at KC stadium.
Dressing up fancy for a baseball game is just so much better than a boring game somewhere else.
5. Having Google Fiber.
I mean, why wouldn't you want your internet to be the fastest in America?
6. Our lights during the holidays.
Nothing compares to the Plaza during the holidays, I don't care what you say.
7. KC is where Mickey Mouse was born!
Where would we be without this loveable mouse taking center stage?
8. Our Major League Soccer team rocks!
Kansas City has an awesome team to support, and is one of the reasons we bleed blue.
9. There are food trucks everywhere to choose from!
Chasing them down might be a hassle sometimes, but the food served at these trucks is more than worthwhile.
10. Stunning scenes are everywhere in the fall!
Autumn leaves are just much prettier in Kansas City, period.
11. We have the most perfect skyline in the whole world.
New York City's skyline is just overrated, we all know that!
12. Our many, many (many) fountains.
If there's not a fountain on every block, then you're not really downtown, are you?
13. The best sunsets ever.
It's hard not to take ten pictures of the sunset every night, but sometimes we do it anyway.
However, sometimes there’s
a few annoying things that Kansas Citians have to deal with.