Kansas City September 25, 2017
13 Undying Habits That Prove You Can Never Take Kansas City Out Of The Kansas Citian
Kansas City will always be home. Sometimes you find yourself moving away from a city you love, but all of those little things that made you part of their community never go away. No matter how far you roam, you’ll always have a few habits to remind you of home. How many of these Kansas City traits do you catch yourself doing (even if you’ve never left)?
1. You are defensive about your favorite BBQ joint.
Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stack, and Joe's - which one is your go-to?
2. You turn up your nose at BBQ sauce that isn't made by the restaurant.
Why bother if I can find it anywhere and make it at home?
3. You dress for all four seasons at once.
When the weather changes as much as it does here, you'll understand why jackets and shorts are a reasonable combo.
4. No matter how cool other places are, you'd rather hang out at the Plaza.
I mean, obviously.
5. Expecting a long drive when someone says it's "just across town."
It's code for "at least half an hour."
6. You'll always order a KC Strip at a steakhouse.
It just makes you feel more at home.
7. Not caring about a fountain here or there because you're used to being surrounded by them.
I mean, they're literally
everywhere, so it's no big deal if we miss one. We've seen them all at this point.
8. You give directions by landmarks within a city and by hours outside of it.
Everything's either right here or hours away, so we use separate scales for distances.
9. Grabbing your camera every night just to take a picture of the sky.
When they're as beautiful as this, why wouldn't you?
10. You've considered buying stock in Boulevards after going to a party.
Everyone ends up bringing their favorite... which can add up to quite a bit.
11. You roll your eyes at any mention of Oz.
It wasn't even about Kansas City, but just the word "Kansas" makes it come out like word vomit.
12. You still finish the National Anthem with "CHIEFS!"
It's a compulsion. Don't judge us. That's how it's sung.
13. Always being ready to defend the location of our city.
No matter how many people we tell, everyone still thinks we're 100% in Kansas.
In addition to these awesome Kansas City quirks, here’s
12 reasons why Kansas City is the best, no matter what.