Missouri January 31, 2018
11 Reasons No One In Their Right Mind Visits Missouri In The Winter
Missouri winters are truly horrid. Mother Nature will tease you with a 60 degree day then plunge the state into a frigid, frozen tundra the next. Honestly, take if from us and save your trip to Missouri for the summer when it’s hot and humid. Just in case you don’t believe us, check out the 11 reasons why you should avoid Missouri in the winter.
1. Once the weather turns cold, no one ever goes outside.
With the endless gray, cold days, pretty much everyone just stays inside and watches Netflix.
2. None of the fountains are on in Kansas City.
The City of Fountains dries up in the winter. So honestly, what's the point of visiting Kansas City if the fountains aren't running? Oh, well except for the three that actually turn into amazing ice sculptures in the winter.
3. There aren't any beloved winter pastimes in the Show Me State.
You won't find any time honored traditions here. It's not like people have been sledding down one St. Louis hill for over 100 years or anything.
4. Missourians certainly don't have a sense of humor about winter weather.
Snow is simply an inconvenience. We don't have time to stop and enjoy the weather.
5. You can't play any sports during the winter,
You won't find enough people to brave the cold to even put together a team. You certainly won't find any tournaments during winter months...
6. Nature is absolutely devoid of any color.
The trees are dormant. The grass is dead, There aren't any flowers. Pretty much all the beauty of Missouri nature can't be found until the spring.
7. We're in the Midwest so there aren't any good places to ski.
No one ski's here. You certainly won't find two amazing ski resorts here in the Show Me State.
8. It's simply too cold to throw a huge party outside.
If you want to celebrate Mardi Gras you'll just have to go to New Orleans. You certainly wouldn't find the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the nation here in St. Louis.
9. All of our beautiful birds fly south for the winter.
Bird watchers certainly have a rough winter with nothing to watch for. There certainly aren't any impressive birds nesting near rivers and lakes across Missouri.
10. Honestly, in the winter months Missourians get pretty crabby.
Missourian's are known for our great Midwestern hospitality and kindness. However, you certainly won't find any happy smiling faces here in the dead of winter.
11. There's nothing beautiful about Missouri in the winter.
Haven't we convinced you? There really is nothing beautiful, special, or fun about Missouri winters.
Wait…you’re saying that after reading this article that Missouri looks like a pretty amazing place to visit? Well, we’re glad we couldn’t fool you. Missouri is an amazing and beautiful place to visit all year long!
Well now that you’re ready to plan you trip to Missouri this winter, here are the
12 towns you need to visit while it’s still cold!