The Creepiest Hike In Mississippi Takes You Through The Ruins Of An Abandoned Estate
The Windsor Ruins in Mississippi is one of the most famous abandoned sites in the state. However, it’s not just well-known. It’s also haunted. The spooky occurrences are linked not only to the ruins but to the Native American mounds and the historic graveyard that lies just beyond the famous remnants. We think it’s the creepiest hike in Mississippi.
Take a look at the efforts being made to preserve this site:
So, did you know about the Windsor Ruins’ haunting reputation? Ever experienced anything strange? If so, what? Know of any other spooky spots in the state? Tell us about them in the comments!
More to Explore
Creepy Places in Mississippi
What are the most terrifying places in Mississippi?
The most terrifying places in Mississippi include:
- Grand Opera House in Meridian. It is rumored that the ghost of a singing lady can be heard here when it is otherwise quiet.
- King’s Tavern in Natchez. This is one of the oldest buildings in the city and is said to be haunted by a ghost named Madeline whose remains were found in the fireplace.
- Merrehope in Meridian. This old antebellum house was built in the 1800s and the ghost of a man who killed himself here is said to haunt the place.
- Lyric Theater in Tupelo. This was one of two buildings left standing after a 1930s tornado and it is rumored that some who perished haunt this theater.
Learn more about the most terrifying places in Mississippi.
What are the most abandoned places in Mississippi?
The most abandoned places in Mississippi include:
- Arlington in Natchez. This Federal-style villa was once ornate and beautiful but has now fallen into disrepair.
- Kuhn Memorial State Hospital in Vicksburg. This hospital which was abandoned in 1989 is now a hotspot for paranormal investigators.
- Shubuta Bridge in Shubuta. This rusting bridge was the site of several hangings and is known to locals as The Hanging Bridge.
- South Mississippi State Hospital in Laurel. This abandoned hospital is a very creepy locale and is rumored to be haunted.
Discover more about the most abandoned places in Mississippi.
What are the most haunted hotels in Mississippi?
The most haunted hotels in Mississippi include:
- The Mississippi House. This place is locally known as “the little red house where ghosts live” and is a popular place for ghost hunters.
- Monmouth Historic Inn. This was once a plantation that was built in the 1800s and is said to be haunted by General John A. Quitman.
- Anchuca Historic Mansion and Inn. This old antebellum house is reportedly haunted by the ghost of the daughter of the original owner.
- Duff Green Mansion. This has been a hospital and a home for Civil War soldiers and is rumored to be haunted by the ghost of Annie Green.
Find out more about the most haunted hotels in Mississippi.