The Little-Known Church Hiding In Mississippi That Is An Absolute Work Of Art
(Editor’s Note: The Chapel of Memories is temporarily closed. Please check with the Mississippi State University to see if it is open before visiting)
In Mississippi, beautiful sites don’t just include great scenery. Nope; the state is also home to some incredible pieces of architecture. And since this is the Bible Belt, that includes plenty of gorgeous churches. One of the most impressive is the Chapel of Memories. Rich in both history and beauty, the stunning chapel is an absolute work of art. Take a look:
Watch the video below for a quick tour of the Chapel of Memories.
Chapel of Memories is located at 135 Walker Road in Starkville on the MSU campus. For more information, call (662) 325-3228.
So, did you know about the Chapel of Memories? Have you ever visited? Tell us in the comments section! If you enjoyed this, be sure to check out the equally beautiful and amazing St. Mary’s Chapel in Natchez.
The Amazing Attractions of Mississippi
What are some amazing hidden-gem attractions in Mississippi?
Some amazing hidden-gem attractions in Mississippi include:
- Grammy Museum. This is one of two Grammy museums in America and is full of wonderful musical history.
- Jim Henson Museum. Jim Henson was beloved for Kermit the Frog and the other Muppets and this museum celebrates Kermit and all the rest.
- NASA Bus Tour. Take a tour through restricted areas of the Stennis Space Center and learn about how they do things at NASA.
- Biedenharn Coca Cola Museum. This popular carbonated drink is bottled in Mississippi and this museum exhibits memorabilia that is over 100 years old.
Learn more about these and other amazing hidden-gem attractions in Mississippi.
What are the weirdest places to visit in Mississippi?
The weirdest places to visit in Mississippi include:
- Frog Art Farm. This collection of frog sculptures in Fayette was created by Louise Cadney Coleman and is an odd and charming exhibit.
- King’s Tavern. Located in Natchez, this is the city’s oldest building and is purported to be haunted by the spirit of a mummified body that was found there in the 1930s.
- Kuhn Memorial State Hospital. This is a hotbed of supposed paranormal activity that brings paranormal investigators from all over.
- Red Water Artesian Well. While the state has many similar wells, this one has red water that is completely safe to drink.
Find out more about the weirdest places to visit in Mississippi.
What are the most unique attractions in Mississippi?
The most unique attractions in Mississippi include:
- The Mississippi Blues Trail. This trail of locations tells the history of blues music and how it grew at places like the WROX radio station.
- Vicksburg National Cemetery. This is the largest cemetery for Union soldiers of the Civil War in the country.
- Home of William Faulkner. This was the home of an author who wrote stories set in a fictional version of Lafayette County.
- Birthplace of Elvis Presley. There was only one King of Rock and one birthplace for him, and that place is in Tupelo.
Find out more about the most unique attractions in Mississippi.