Minneapolis August 29, 2017
10 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Minneapolis
Congratulations! You’ve met the person of your dreams and they happen to be from Minneapolis, also known as the coolest city in the Midwest.You’re probably wondering how you got so lucky! If you’re not a Minneapolitan yourself, there are some things you need to know before you start dating one. Fortunately for you, we’re here to help. Here are the 10 things you need to know before you begin dating someone from Minneapolis:
1. Minneapolis is home and always will be.
You might be able to take us out of Minneapolis, but you'll never be able to take the Minneapolis out of us.
2. We love beer.
Grain Belt screams Minneapolis, but we also love craft beer from Surly, Indeed, Bauhaus, Fulton, Modist.... so many breweries, so little time.
3. Don't insult Prince, unless you want the relationship to end.
Our love for Prince is more important than most other things we love. We will choose the Purple One over you.
4. Minneapolis only has one (successful) team worth rooting for, but we'll still support our other home teams.
The Minnesota Lynx are clearly the only team worth supporting in Minneapolis, but that won't stop us from supporting the Vikings, the Twins, and the Timberwolves too.
5. We get irrationally excited about the State Fair.
The State Fair occurs annually for ten days at the end to August through Labor Day. We're going to bring you at least once, if not five times. Who doesn't want to see butter sculptures and eat deep fried everything on-a-stick?
6. Minneapolitans are active people, which means a lot of our dates will be in the great outdoors.
From the Stone Arch Bridge, to Minnehaha Falls, to Open Streets in the summer, there's so much to do in outdoors in Minneapolis. We can't wait to share that with you.
7. We are happy to introduce you to some superb food all over the city.
Sure, we love our greasy Ju(i)cy Lucas from Matt's Bar or the 5-8 Club (you'll need to pick a side, by the way), but we also love upscale Scandinavian food that pays homage to many of our roots. There are so restaurants we'd like to share with you that there will always be new possibilities on date night.
8. Minneapolitans are incredibly opinionated people.
Minneapolitans turn out to the voting polls at a higher rate than anyone in the state, and Minnesota has some of the highest voter turnout in the country. We'll let our political ideology be known, as well as our opinions on just about anything.
9. Get past our "Minnesota Nice" exterior, and you will find we are dedicated partners in love and life.
Many who have moved to Minneapolis have claimed that it's hard to get to know the city's natives, since they're always so polite, but rarely move much beyond that. Give us time to warm up to you and we promise we will be the best significant other.
10. We all need a partner to snuggle with to survive the cold Minnesota winters.
To Minneapolitans, layers are sexy.
We hope you are excited to date someone from Minneapolis! We know dating is by no means a science and that we can’t explain
all residents of Minneapolis in a quick list, so what do you think people should know when they’re date a Minneapolitan? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for date ideas? Read
You And Your Partner Will Love These 10 Unique Date Ideas In Minneapolis.