You Can Feed A Giraffe At Hemker Park & Zoo In Minnesota
You don’t have to go on an exotic animal safari to see interesting animals. You can see many creatures right here in Minnesota! The Como Zoo and Minnesota Zoo are well-known spots to see critters from around the world. But Minnesota is also home to a few other zoos, including the one we’d like to feature today. If you’ve always dreamt of coming face to face with wildlife and perhaps also feeding some of the most beautiful Minnesota zoo animals like giraffes, rhinos, monkeys, and more, plan a trip to this great little-known spot. Personal feedings, as well as a wide array of other totally awesome animal experiences await you at the Hemker Park & Zoo in Freeport, Minnesota. Grab the family and some friends and read on below to learn more about this fun spot!
For more information about Hemker Park & Zoo, including hours, attractions, and more, visit the official zoo website and the zoo’s Facebook page.
Have you ever been to Hemker Park & Zoo? If so, did you get to feed the giraffes or any other animals? Which ones were your favorites? We’d love to read about your experiences in the comments section below!
If you enjoy animal experiences, you may also be interested in our past article about Ramsey Park, a fantastic zoo in Redwood Falls, Minnesota.
If you’re still in the mood for more Minnesota adventures, take a look at this video:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Where can we find other animal adventures in Minnesota?
- Paul Bunyan's Animal Land in Bemidji offers up-close-and-personal encounters with lions, deer, tigers, and bears.
- The Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary in Orr provides a unique opportunity to observe black bears within a two-acre clearing set amidst the overall 500+ acre forested sanctuary.
- The International Wolf Center in Ely teaches visitors about the lifecycle of wolves, and their relationship to wildlands and humans.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other wonderful animal adventures in Minnesota.
Where can we find breweries in Minnesota?
- Imminent Brewing in Northfield features great brews and also offers a dog-friendly taproom.
- Chapel Brewing in Dundas is in an interesting setting, in that the taproom was originally built as a chapel (hence the name) and dates back to 1880.
- The August Schell Brewing Company in New Ulm is a historic brewery that originally opened in 1860 and has since become a Minnesota icon.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other tasty breweries in Minnesota.
Where can we go to enjoy scenic views in Minnesota?
- The Palisade Head in Silver Bay is a one-of-a-kind spot where the sheer heights lead to the most dramatic views.
- Tower Hill Park in Minneapolis offers dramatic views of the city as well as the nature peppered through it.
- Oberg Mountain in Tofte Township features dramatic lake and lots of nature and wildlife views.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other spectacular spots to enjoy scenic views in Minnesota.