Minnesota August 16, 2015
20 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Minnesota
If you find yourself falling for a Minnesotan, here are a few things you ought to know…
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. You have to be truly nice or it won’t last.
2. You should probably also be well versed in interpreting sarcasm and passive aggressiveness. Because MN nice just means they won’t be overt in their insults.
3. Meeting the parents will probably involve hotdish.
4. They will call it “pop” and you shouldn’t laugh.
5. They’ll want to bring you on a trip, up north to the lake, because MN is beautiful.
6. If you’re afraid of boats, you’re sunk.
7. Minnesotans tend to be very loyal. Which is probably why you’ll end up with one.
8. They will always be able to show you up when it comes to craft beer.
9. And ice cream.
10. And fried foods.
11. Speaking of fried foods, you had better be prepared for years of the MN state fair. Because you can’t miss a single one.
12. If you’re lucky enough, they’ll introduce you to the Juicy Lucy, and change your life.
13. You can’t complain about the cold. They’ve always been through worse.
14. They will be tougher than you, without a doubt.
15. Just because they’re from MN doesn’t mean they grew up on a farm. They’re probably from the suburbs.
16. You should never insult Prince, or Bob Dylan.
17. Apple picking is another couples activity that you hopefully idealize, because it’s pretty much inevitable.
18. Someone in their family will have a stereotypical accent. Be ready for it.
19. They can probably drink you and anyone you know under the table.
20. Minnesotans are usually humble, but you had better not insult their state, or they’ll take you down.
Here’s to your happily ever after in the Land of 10,000 Lakes!