Walker, Minnesota Is One Of The Best Towns In America To Visit When The Weather Is Warm
If you’ve ever spent spring or summer in Minnesota, you know that this state comes alive when the sun is shining. After a long season of cold, snow, and ice, people are ready to get out and make the most of the warmer weather. Just about any town in the state is a wonderful place to spend the day away. For example, there are plenty of things to do in Walker, Minnesota. So, if you’re curious to know more, read on to learn all that you can do on a sunny day in Walker!
If you’ve made the trip to this charming town, what was your favorite thing to do in Walker, Minnesota? Feel free to let us know in the following comments section. And if you’d like to check out some of our other best small towns in Minnesota, check out our past articles about Ely, Winona, and Grand Marais.
More to Explore
Things to do in Walker, Minnesota
What are some fun facts about Walker, MN?
Take a look at these fun facts about Walker, MN:
- Walker, Minnesota was founded in 1896 and named after Thomas B. Walker, a businessman who made his fortune in logging.
- The town has a population of approximately 1,000 residents.
- Since the town is located on Leech Lake, there are plenty of things to do in Walker, Minnesota that involve getting on (and in the water) when the weather is warmer.
- You'll find some of the best BBQ in the state at The Piggy BBQ in Walker, MN.
What are some popular restaurants in Walker, Minnesota?
Here are some popular restaurants in Walker, MN that are worth visiting when spending the day in this small town.
- Village Square Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor: This popular eatery has been a favorite amongst locals and tourists for over 40 years.
- The Outdoorsman Cafe: Head to this local cafe for a hearty breakfast and lunch when you're in Walker, Minnesota.
- The Piggy BBQ: If you're craving ribs, brisket, BBQ chicken, and pulled pork, head to this tasty spot in Walker, MN.
- Leech Lake Resort: Although this is a bed and breakfast, you'll enjoy a delicious meal at the start of your day if you decide to stay at this mostly adults-only resort.
What are some popular small towns in Minnesota that are worth visiting?
In addition to Walker, MN, here are some popular small towns in Minnesota worth visiting.
- Ely, Minnesota
- Dawson, Minnesota
- Grand Marais, Minnesota
- Take a look at this list of small towns in Minnesota as well.
You'll also discover more small towns when you take this Minnesota road trip.