Follow The Hidden Coast Of Lake Michigan Along This Scenic Drive Through Michigan
You might have embarked on a scenic drive or two during your time in the Great Lakes State, but there’s always something new and underrated to discover. Whether you’re a nature fanatic or simply an adventurous soul, you’ll appreciate the opportunity to learn about an oft-overlooked coastal region of our state. Round up a travel buddy, hop in the car, and explore this scenic drive in Michigan with us!
You can find more details about this scenic waterfront drive in Michigan, along with other must-explore byways in the state, by reading this online brochure from the Pure Michigan Byways and Tour Routes Driving Guide.
Have you and your loved ones ventured down M-35 between Gladstone and Menominee during previous Upper Peninsula outings? If so, what was your favorite part? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below! You can also leave a Facebook comment or recommend another impressive Michigan road trip by completing our official nomination form.
Not in the mood to drive yourself? You’ll want to read about this historic trolley ride in Michigan.
If you’re still in the mood for more Michigan adventures, take a look at this video:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Fun Adventures in Michigan
Where can we find other scenic drives in Michigan?
- The Tunnel of Trees, which is also referred to as M-119, meanders through beautiful landscapes as it goes between Cross Village and Harbor Springs.
- The Whitefish Bay National Forest Scenic Byway, located in the Upper Peninsula, is also called FFH42 and goes from Paradise to Point Iroquois.
- US-2 between St. Ignace and Escanaba passes through several small towns as well as Michigan’s most famous natural spring — Kitch-iti-kipi.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other amazing scenic drives in Michigan.
Where can we find farmer’s markets in Michigan?
- The Ann Arbor Farmers Market in Ann Arbor is a year-round market that has been a community icon for more than 100 years.
- The Birmingham Farmers Market is a popular outdoor market offering a wide array of fresh Michigan-grown produce.
- The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is actually a food hall featuring fishmongers, grocers, butchers, and international dining options.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful farmers' markets in Michigan.
Where can we find waterparks in Michigan?
- The Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark in Boyne Falls is the state’s largest indoor waterpark with slides, a lazy river, and a kiddie pool.
- Adventure Island in Cadillac is a family-friendly amusement park featuring waterslides, bumper boats, go-karts, mini-golf, and more.
- The Full Blast Recreation Center in Battle Creek is an indoor/outdoor waterpark offering both water adventures and other sports recreation like batting cages, a fitness area, and more.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other exciting waterparks in Michigan.