Stepping Stone Falls Near Detroit Will Soon Be Surrounded By Beautiful Fall Colors
You might not associate Detroit and its neighboring areas with waterfalls, but there are a handful of flowing treasures to appreciate within driving distance of the city. While the cascades in Michigan are beautiful in all seasons, there’s nothing better than visiting a waterfall when it’s surrounded by autumn colors. Load up the car and enjoy a day trip to one of the prettiest man-made waterfalls near Detroit, which comes to life every fall.
Check out this cool YouTube video by Hellebuyck’s Aerial Imagery highlighting this incredible Detroit Michigan waterfall.
Have you and your loved ones headed to Stepping Stone Falls during previous day trips from Detroit? What were your favorite elements of this beautiful spot, which is even more magical in the fall? Share your thoughts with us by leaving a Facebook comment or recommend more lovely man-made waterfalls near Detroit by completing our official nomination form.
Can’t get enough fresh air? You’ll enjoy reading about these beautiful nature trails in Metro Detroit. Before you hit the trails, check out our previous article about the must-have hiking accessories that will make your trekking adventure complete
More to Explore
WATERFALLS NEAR DETROIT & RELATED INFO
What are the best places near Detroit to view fall foliage?
There are lots of towns, parks, natural areas, and more near Detroit to view fall foliage and here are the best places near Detroit that are great for an autumn day trip:
- Chelsea, Washtenaw County
- Belle Isle Park, Detroit
- Dexter, Washtenaw County
- Stony Creek Metropark, Shelby Township
- Kensington Metropark, Milford
- Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge, Trenton
- Metamora, Lapeer County
- Erie Marsh, Monroe
- Nichols Arboretum, Ann Arbor
- TreeRunner Adventure Park, West Bloomfield Township
Discover more from our previous article about the best places to view fall foliage near Detroit.
Aside from Stepping Stone Falls, are there more waterfalls near Detroit?
While there are no major waterfalls in Detroit Michigan, there are lots of cascades in the state that are worth visiting. Here are some of the best cascades near Detroit as well as in Michigan that we recommend:
- Milford Waterfall, Milford
- James Scott Memorial Fountain, Detroit
- Waterfall Loop Trail, Dearborn
- Cass River Dam, Frankenmuth
- Quarton Lake Park, Birmingham
- The Cascades, Jackson
- Fish Town Waterfall, Leland
- River Place Shopping Village, Frankenmuth
Read more about these incredible waterfalls in Michigan from our previous article.
What are the best waterfall hiking trails in Michigan?
If you’re searching for the best waterfall hiking trails in Michigan, then we’ve got you covered. Here are the best waterfall hiking trails that we recommend:
- Douglass Houghton Falls, Calumet Twp
- Tahquamenon Falls, Paradise
- Bond Falls, Haight Township
- Elliot Falls, Shingleton
- Miners Falls, Munising
- Canyon Falls, L'Anse Township
- Gabbro Falls, Bessemer Township
- Spray Falls, Munising Township
- Sable Falls Trail, Burt Township
- Union Mine Trail, Carp Lake Township
Be sure to read our previous article telling you more about these waterfall hiking trails in Michigan.