Massachusetts January 11, 2018
11 Reasons Why People From Massachusetts Are The Best Kind Of People You’ll Ever Meet
New Englanders might be stereotyped as standoffish and sarcastic, but that’s only half true. We here in Massachusetts know that Bay State natives are actually some of the best people you’ll ever encounter. Here are a few reasons why people from this state are pretty much amazing.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Massachusetts people are always willing to help a neighbor. Usually with a snow-related crisis.
Whether you’ve lost yet another snow shovel in the garage and need to borrow one for the big storm or just need someone to sign for your Amazon package, it’s a fact that your Massachusetts neighbors will always be there to lend a hand.
2. Bay Staters always speak their minds, even when it’s uncomfortable. And especially during rush hour.
We're a direct and honest people. None of this "bless your heart" business – we'll just tell you when you’re out of line.
3. People from Massachusetts know how to have a good time.
Just give us any reason to celebrate!
4. You’ll never taste seafood like the kind Massachusetts people can cook up.
We know how to fry a clam, sear a scallop and lobster a roll. If you’re looking for seafood that will haunt your dreams with its deliciousness, you’re in the right kitchen.
5. We’ll always ask you if you want anything from Dunks if we’re headed that way.
It’s pretty much an unspoken rule that if one person from the group is stopping at Dunkin’ Donuts, they have to take requests from the other group members. So we’re decent at remembering coffee orders.
6. We can handle ourselves in the great outdoors.
Give me a tent, fresh water and a compass!
7. Bay Staters respect and cherish their history. Which makes sense when basically every other building here is a historic landmark.
We take a lot of pride in the history of this great state and tend to know a thing or two about local history as well. This means we can get pretty up-in-arms when someone wants to tear down a historic building to build a supermarket.
8. We’re wicked smaht.
When your state consistently ranks number one in the nation in terms of education, you have to expect that a member of the general populace here will be a few watts brighter than the average lightbulb.
9. We’re experts at getting sand out of our shoes and car seats.
When you have some of the best beaches in the world at your doorstep, you acquire a very particular set of skills. Skills acquired over a very long beach-going career.
10. When you make a friend in Massachusetts, you make a friend for life.
We’re some of the most loyal folk around and will go out of our way to be there for a friend, even if we haven’t seen that friend in years or that friend supports the Yankees. We’re known for being reliable people who stick by their loved ones.
11. And yes, we’re sarcastic but in the best possible way.
Sure, we’ll shoot a sarcastic barb right at your heart. But then we’ll clap you on the back and ask if you want anything at Dunks because there’s one off the next exit and we were thinking of stopping anyway.
What do you think makes people from Massachusetts special? Let us know! For more Bay State pride, check out the
10 places in Massachusetts that are better than anywhere else in the country.