13 Rare Photos From Massachusetts That Will Take You Straight To The Past
There’s something about looking at old photos that can transport you to the past. Massachusetts has a rich history that dates back to the founding of this nation, so it makes sense that we also have a treasure trove of fascinating vintage photos that document this state’s journey to the present. Take a look at some of these rare images from the Bay State’s past.
1. MIT engineering students prank their school by moving a car to the top of a school building, 1936.
2. College students party on the roof of the Boston YMCA with a stuffed animal, a horse statue and several jugs of wine, 1934.
3. Miss Virginia Herie's Candy Store in Northbridge, circa 1900.
4. An "advanced millinery" (hat-making) class in South Boston, 1892.
5. An aerial view of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, 1929.
6. An evening drawing class in Boston, 1890.
7. Christ Church on Salem Street in Boston, 1895.
8. A sitting room and stove from 1895.
9. The aftermath of the Cocoanut Grove fire in Boston, 1942.
10. A nearly empty train station in Boston, 1950.
11. An old neighborhood market and milk truck in Provincetown, 1942
12. A family trip to the point at Sandy Neck, 1935.
13. Smith College graduation in Northampton, 1917.
For more Massachusetts nostalgia, check out
these 10 old restaurants in the Bay State that have stood the test of time.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.