The Little-Known Beach In Massachusetts You Can Only Reach By Hiking This 2-Mile Trail
Unless you’re a local or have vacationed on the outer Cape for many years, you may not have heard about Great Island on Cape Cod. It is connected to the mainland by a narrow strip of land known as “The Gut,” with the Wellfleet Habor on one side and the Cape Cod Bay on the other. This island is home to a little-known beach in Massachusetts and is worth getting to with a bit of hiking. So come with us as we explore this wonderful state gem and enjoy one of the best hikes in Massachusetts!
Have you hiked to this little-known beach in Massachusetts? If so, let us know in the comments! To learn more about the trail and to see what other hikers have to say, visit the Great Island Trail page on AllTrails. You can also discover other awesome hikes in the area on AllTrails+. Visit the National Park Service Great Island Trail website for trail conditions, closures, and other information.
The Bay State is filled with magnificent hidden gems like the World’s End in Hingham. Located on a peninsula, you’ll find hiking trails, a beach, and some of the most spectacular views of Boston.
If you’re still in the mood for more Old Bay State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Fun in Massachusetts
Where can we find the best beaches in Massachusetts?
- Half Moon Beach in Gloucester boasts crystal-clear waters and is easily one of the most beautiful beaches in the state.
- Nauset Beach is a narrow bit of beach that sticks out from the "elbow" of Cape Cod in Chatham.
- Brant Rock Beach is a rough and rocky natural beach is located on the coast in Marshfield.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delightful beaches in Massachusetts.
Where can we find the best nature spots in Massachusetts?
- Dinosaur Footprints In Holyoke is loaded with hundreds of footprints embedded in the rocks.
- The Aquinnah Cliffs are among most stunning locations on Martha's Vineyard.
- The town of Danvers is home to the oldest cultivated fruit tree in America.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other amazing nature spots in Massachusetts.
Where can we find some of the best attractions in Massachusetts?
- The Franklin Park Zoo in Boston is home to a tropical forest as well as a myriad of cute animals.
- The Tiki Hut Boats in Salem take passengers on a cruise around the historic Port of Salem.
- The Cape Cod Inflatable Park in Cape Cod is the largest inflatable park and water park overall in the country.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fantastic attractions in Massachusetts.