A Mysterious Woodland Trail In Massachusetts Will Take You To The Original Eyrie House Ruins
Mount Tom State Reservation in Holyoke, Massachusetts is filled with abandoned sites including an amusement park, a ski resort, a house atop the summit, and an old luxury hotel. Known as the Eyrie House, this was once a luxury hotel found at the summit of Mount Nonotuck. Read on to learn how you can see it by embarking upon the Eyrie House Ruins Trail.
Have you visited the Eyrie House ruins at Mount Tom State Reservation? If so, what was your favorite part? Tell us about your experience and share any photos you have in the comments!
Do you enjoy exploring ruins? If you said yes, then read this article about Bancroft Castle located on top of Gibbet Hill in Groton.
If you’re still in the mood for more Old Bay State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Fun in Massachusetts
Where can we find other great hiking trails in Massachusetts?
- The Minute Man National Historic Park in Concord features walking trails, a wooden plank boardwalk, a pond, and several historic structures.
- The Shining Sea Bike and Walking Path in Falmouth is a beautiful rail trail that extends all the way to Woods Hole.
- The Knightville Dam in Huntington offers spectacular views of the river and forest below.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other popular hiking trails in Massachusetts.
Where can we find parks in Massachusetts?
- Pulaski Park in Northampton is a compact urban park and true city gem located right along the city’s beautiful Main Street.
- North Point Park in Cambridge is a city respite encompassing 14-acres of green space along the Charles River and features beautiful views, a boardwalk, a playground, and splash pad.
- Boston Common in Boston is unique in that its 50 acres form the shape of a pentagon.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful parks in Massachusetts.
Where can we go for a romantic getaway in Massachusetts?
- The Verb Hotel in Boston is a music-themed hotel has a cool vibe that also offers an accommodation in a Backstage Trailer.
- The Lizzie Borden House in Fall River is not just the site of the infamous late-1800s murder, rather also now a comfortable bed and breakfast inn and museum.
- The Addison in Rockport is a charming bed and breakfast inn designated for adults only and perfect for a romantic getaway.
Learn more about some of the other great spots for a romantic getaway in Massachusetts.