Take These 7 Country Roads In Massachusetts For A Gorgeous Scenic Drive
There’s nothing like taking a long drive through the country to clear your head and soak up some natural beauty. Massachusetts is covered with scenic roads that are destinations themselves. From coastal routes to scenic drives in western Massachusetts, there’s quite a bit of variety in each of these journeys, too. Take a look at these options for country drives in Massachusetts and choose the one that speaks to you. I know the scenic drives near me are perfect for refreshing my day and reminding me why I love this state so much. We bet the same will be true for you and, undoubtedly, the routes on this list are some of the best driving roads in Massachusetts.
Have you taken any of these driving roads in Massachusetts? If so, which is your favorite? And, if you have any tips and tricks for making a journey extra special let us know in the comments. One trick we have for ensuring that a road trip is perfect is making sure to review the list of best road trip snacks. In my opinion, snacks are one of the most important elements when hopping in the car for a scenic drive.
After you’ve enjoyed these drives, consider checking out more scenic views. The most jaw-dropping spots in Massachusetts can be found in all corners of the state!
More to Explore
Best Driving Roads in Massachusetts
What are the best road trips through Massachusetts?
The best road trips through Massachusetts lead to some truly incredible views and attractions. Here are a few you'll want to add to your must-do list:
- The Massachusetts Lighthouse Road Trip: This trip along the coast goes from Gloucester to Truro, connecting some of the most beautiful small towns in the state.
- The Massachusetts Waterfalls Road Trip: If you love exploring the great outdoors in Massachusetts, this journey is for you. Check out waterfalls from small to tall and enjoy the surrounding scenery along the way.
- The Massachusetts Historical Sites Road Trip: History buffs will want to put this road trip at the top of their lists. It gives a great glimpse into the past, while also providing great views and scenery.
What are the best day trips in Massachusetts?
The best day trips in Massachusetts can be found throughout the state and offer a great way to see it all. Here are a few you can do now:
- Morses Pond, Wellesley: While just a short drive from Boston, this pond in Wellesley feels like it's in another world. With clear water and a sandy beach, it's a great place to escape the everyday.
- The Massachusetts Donut Trail: This delightful day trip is perfect for anyone who has a serious sweet tooth. You'll go to seven different spots, gobbling up goodness at each one.
- The Massachusetts Covered Bridges Day Trip: Hop in the car to visit five perfectly quaint covered bridges. This is a lovely trip any time of year, but do it in the fall for the chance to see the gorgeous changing leaves.