Boston April 28, 2018
14 Struggles Everyone In Boston Can Relate To
No place is perfect, and although Boston comes pretty close, there are some problems that come with life here. People most often take issue with the cost of living, getting around, and the weather. If you’ve lived in the city for a while, chances are good that you can relate to some of these 14 universal struggles:
1. When someone moves your space saver.
That snowbank contains your sweat and tears (but hopefully not your blood)! You dug it out, you deserve it, and anyone who steals that sweet, sweet spot away from you is a criminal in our eyes.
2. When you put away your winter clothes and break out your summer wardrobe only to have a Nor’easter hit the next day.
The weather here doesn’t like to commit to a season, especially if that season is spring.
3. When you have to wade through a snowbank while you’re dressed up.
Parking meters seem particularly prone to being buried, and yet you still have to pay.
4. Getting anywhere in rush hour.
It’s an exercise in frustration.
5. When your train is canceled and you really need to be on time.
Although it makes sense that this often happens in the coldest weather, that makes it even more miserable.
6. When you don’t win at Pothole Slalom.
You zig, you zag, and yet still your wheel finds a pothole. This always seems to happen when there’s something fragile on the front seat.
7. When the Yankees win.
We like to pretend it never happens.
8. When you want to go to all the epic festivals and events that Boston hosts…
…but so do 100,000 other people.
9. When you have to keep changing jerseys because different Boston sports teams are playing on the same day.
It all comes down to planning.
10. When people make jokes about the Boston accent.
Whether you have a Boston accent or not, the jokes are typically unoriginal.
11. When you travel and realize that the rest of the world doesn’t automatically install a Dunks every few blocks.
12. When you don’t have time to line up for the restaurant with the best food...
…and have to settle for one that's still great. Yeah, life’s rough here!
13. When fall is over because it’s just so breathtaking.
And, you know, winter.
14. When you know you live in a truly amazing place but you feel like complaining!
If you had one complaint about Boston, what would it be? Share your thoughts in the comments.
If you want a reminder of the many advantages that come with living in our city, check out
14 reasons why Boston is the best.