Maryland December 21, 2017
11 Undeniable Habits That No Marylander Can Ever Unlearn
If you’ve lived in Maryland for a while, then you’ve likely picked up a few or ALL of these habits. Take a look at this relatable list and see how many are true for you!
1. How to pick crabs...
It's like riding a bicycle. Once you learn how to pick steamed crabs, the skills never leave.
2. And knowing that a table covered with brown paper or newspaper means it's seafood time!
One of the most beautiful sights during summer.
3. Sprinkling Old Bay on absolutely everything
Here in Maryland, it's the spice of life.
4. How to safely drive across bridges...
Don't attempt to pass others on a bridge, and always be aware of your surroundings.
5. And around traffic circles
If someone looks lost and is constantly stopping in the middle of a traffic circle, they likely aren't from around here.
6. Going to the grocery store a few days before a snowstorm...
We know that if you procrastinate and wait until the day before, the bread, milk, and eggs will likely be gone.
6. And how to prepare for snow
During winter, Marylanders are always prepared with at least one snow shovel, an ice scraper in the car, and snow boots on standby.
8. Feeling superior when it comes to judging crab cakes
We've grown up eating crab cakes so we know a thing or two about what makes 'em good.
9. Yelling "O!" during the National Anthem
Even when I'm at a sporting event out of state, I still have the urge...
10. Leaving early in case of horrific traffic
... just in case.
11. Bragging about the Maryland flag
We can't help ourselves. It's just so perfect.
What are some other habits you’ve picked up while living in the Old Line State? Let us know below!
For some cool Maryland facts,