Maryland July 21, 2017
10 Things Only Those From Maryland Know To Be True
After living in Maryland, there are some things that you just know. Take a look at the following list and see how many you agree with.
1. Old Bay is for more than just seafood.
When people from out-of-state use Old Bay, they likely only sprinkle it on seafood. In Maryland, we know that it goes with anything and everything. Bloody marys, fries, corn, and eggs to name a few.
2. When it comes to picking crabs, twist at the joints. Mallets are rarely necessary.
There's nothing worse than witnessing someone pulverize a crab to pieces with a mallet.
3. One does not simply predict Maryland weather.
There's a strong possibility that one day it's 80 degrees and the next day it's 50 degrees. These variations can also happen in a few hours time. Always bring a sweatshirt when outdoors, just in case.
4. Not all french fries are created equal.
And never, ever skimp on the vinegar.
5. Always leave early.
If you're driving anywhere during rush hour, prepare for traffic. And always check for construction alerts just in case. Leaving early will alleviate some of the pain.
6. Round pizza is overrated.
There's something about Ledo's pizza that's just right. Both in taste and shape.
7. Never trust a crab cake outside of Maryland.
Any any crab cakes labeled "Maryland style" usually don't taste anything like real Maryland crab cakes.
8. Some places are better during the off season.
Sure, the weather isn't as warm, but beaches like Assateague become quiet and serene. The perfect time of year to truly feel away from it all.
9. We're technically a southern state.
States in the south consider us north, and northern states think we're south. This topic is known to get heated.
10. We're called American in Miniature for a reason.
Mountains to the west. Beaches to the east. And all other types of terrain you can imagine. We're truly one little America.
For another fun Maryland list, check out
15 surefire signs you belong in Maryland.