The Toxic Blue-Green Algae Responsible For Killing Dogs Around The US Has Been Found In Maryland
Caution, Marylanders! You may have heard about a toxic blue-green algae has been responsible for killing dogs in a handful of southern states. Now, it’s been found in Maryland. Read on for the details and be on the lookout this summer, especially if you’re a dog owner.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nominate/
On a lighter note, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Maryland’s Sunflower Festival this summer. It’s coming up fast! Click here to read all about it.
Jamie Alvarenga is a writer, editor, and social media manager for Only In Your State.
She spends her time chasing around a curious toddler and going on coffee-fueled adventures throughout Maryland. Contact: [email protected]
Thank you! You'll receive your first newsletter soon!