Maryland February 26, 2017
18 Then And Now Photos In Maryland That Show Just How Much It Has Changed
It’s no secret that the Old Line State is filled with history. If you need proof, just take a look at the following then and now images. They prove just how much has changed, and what remains the same.
1) THEN: Baltimore's iconic Lexington Market, 1903.
2) NOW: This historic market is still a go-to spot, but these days, it's more modernized.
3) THEN: Main Street in Darlington, 1950s.
4) NOW: This town still retains charm with its homes that line the streets.
5) THEN: McKeldin Library at the University of Maryland being constructed in 1957.
6) NOW: Today, the library is a beautiful focal point on campus.
7) THEN: Hagerstown Public Square, 1900.
8) NOW: Downtown Hagerstown remains a bustling spot during events, including the pictured Mummer's Parade.
9) THEN: Downtown Annapolis, 1936.
10) NOW: This town still retains its historic features and shops, although prices have most definitely gone up since 1936.
11) THEN: Main Street, Sharpsburg, 1862
12) NOW: Sharpsburg sure has come a long way. Main Street is unrecognizable.
13) THEN: Burnside Bridge at Antietam Battlefield in 1862.
14) NOW: The bridge has gone through restoration to keep it structurally sound, but doesn't appear too much different than it did over a century ago.
15) THEN: Frederick, 1936.
16) NOW: Many older homes remain around downtown Frederick, as a reminder of its rich history.
17) THEN: The carousel at Glen Echo Park, 1939.
18) This carousel has been a staple at Glen Echo Park for decades. Nothing has changed, and that's what makes it so special.
For even more historic images of Maryland,