This Maryland Swamp Walk Is The Coolest Thing You’ll Ever See For Free
There’s no need to spend a ton of money, or any at all, to enjoy some of Maryland’s most wondrous natural wonders. The following swamp sanctuary in the Old Line State is lesser known but is so worth exploring. It costs nothing to visit but is sure to give you a valuable, memorable experience.
Have you been to the Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary in Maryland? Let us know about your experiences in the comments.
Take a visual journey through this beautiful place:
For another great spot to be among nature, check out this gorgeous beach and waterfall in Maryland.
The Coolest Attractions In Maryland
What are the coolest underrated attractions in Maryland?
The coolest underrated attractions in Maryland include:
- Monocacy Battlefield. This Civil War battlefield is now dotted with farmhouses and barns and is a lovely country scene.
- Historic St. Mary’s City. This is the first Colonial settlement in the state and you can see antique ships re-enacting battles using cannons.
- Mallows Bay. This bay is riddled with the corpses of World War I ships and it’s a great place to kayak around and see some history.
- Ladew Topiary Gardens. This place is a collection of beautiful and intricately manicured topiary right out of a fairy tale.
Learn more about the coolest underrated attractions in Maryland.
What are the coolest man-made wonders in Maryland?
The coolest man-made wonders in Maryland include:
- Fort Carroll. This is a 19th-century fort that is full of history and can be seen when crossing the Baltimore Key Bridge.
- Patterson Park Pagoda. This exquisite pagoda was built in 1881 and is a truly magnificent sight to see.
- George Peabody Library. This is like a gorgeous temple from Game of Thrones and it is packed with books.
- Burnside Bridge. This historic bridge rests on the Antietam Battlefield and is absolutely picturesque.
Discover more about the coolest man-made wonders in Maryland.
What are the coolest natural attractions in Maryland?
The coolest natural attractions in Maryland include:
- McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area. This is not only a great place to see wildlife but also stunning fields of sunflowers.
- Gunpowder Falls State Park. This is the perfect place to lazily ride an innertube down the river all day long.
- Assateague Island. The beauty of the pristine white sands here is enhanced by the sight of wild horses frolicking about.
- Soleado Lavender Farm. Come here to admire the serene beauty and enticing scent of fields of gorgeous lavender.
Find out more about the coolest natural attractions in Maryland.