Maryland December 21, 2015
20 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Maryland… No Matter Where They Are
Marylanders love their state but they also love to travel. Even when they’re away from home, it’s pretty easy to tell where they’re from. Here are a few signs you know someone is from Maryland.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1) They wear flip flops with jeans or sweatshirts with shorts.
Maryland weather can never make up its mind, so neither can they.
2) They put Old Bay on everything.
Don't question it. Just accept it.
3) They're experts at weaving in and out of traffic.
Have you seen the Transporter movies? Perfect job for Marylanders.
4) They're shouting "O!" during the National Anthem.
It's just not the same without it.
5) They're experts at cornhole.
Challenge them and prepare to lose.
6) They own a Cal Ripken Jr. jersey.
He's the REAL Iron Man.
7) They refuse to eat crab cakes out-of-state.
Broiled with no filler, please.
8) They quote Wedding Crashers.
"Crab cakes and football, that's what Maryland does!!!"
9) They get annoyed when people assume Baltimore is the capital.
Please, it's Annapolis, and it's awesome.
10) They know the rules of lacrosse.
...And have been hit with a stick or two.
11) They call you "hon."
It's a compliment.
12) They occasionally lounge around in an old 4-H shirt.
They're just so soft and comfortable after 500 washes.
13) They're judging your cupcakes.
The number of cupcake shops in Maryland is beyond compare.
14) They or someone in their family owns a boat.
And they're extremely proud of their boating license, too.
15) They wear Under Armour.
Any time of day, any day of the week.
16) They can spot a speed camera or red light camera from a mile away.
It's second nature at this point.
17) They've been to a war reenactment.
So. Many. Field. Trips.
18) They're professionals at dodging deer while driving.
Day or night, Marylanders stay on alert.
19) They've been to a county fair.
And they've seen pig races, toilet decorating competitions, and horse pulls, too.
20) They're drinking an Irish Trash Can.
It's basically 10,000 liquors mixed with Red Bull and it's delicious.
What are some other telltale signs that someone is from Maryland? Share in the comments! 🙂