Maryland March 05, 2017
13 Life Lessons Everyone Learns Growing Up In Maryland
If you grew up in the Old Line State, then you were likely taught the following 13 life lessons. Hold these close to your heart, and use them daily, Marylanders.
1. How to pick crabs.
Twist at the joints for perfect meat clumps.
2. The rules of the road, including driving aggressively...
It's a must if you're to get anywhere in Maryland.
3. How to use a traffic circle...
Please don't stop in the middle of one of these.
4. And always leave a bit early, in case of traffic.
It's a good rule of thumb. Better early than late!
5. Always say please and thank you.
No matter where you live, manners are important.
6. Sports rivalries can be fun.
Nothing gets Marylanders fired up like a Ravens versus Steelers game.
7. When it comes to the weather, be prepared for anything.
In Maryland, one day it's 65 degrees, and the next day it's snowing. Always have extra layers on hand just in case.
8. Embrace history.
Visit the battlefields, monuments, and attend the reenactments. Maryland's beginnings are fascinating and important.
9. Snow storm coming? It's best to get to the grocery store early.
Beat the rush or else you'll be left without bread, milk, and eggs.
10. Don't be intimidated by bridges.
They're a scary but necessary part of life in Maryland.
11. Buy local.
Support local farmers and businesses by attending the occasional farmers market.
12. Respect nature.
Always leave a place better than you found it so our natural wonders remain wondrous.
13. Take time to relax and treat yourself.
Day to day stress can wear a person down. Take the time to enjoy the views around Maryland with a drink in hand.
What are some other life lessons bestowed upon every Marylander? Feel free to share your thoughts below. You may also enjoy reading these
13 insane things every Marylander has done at least once.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.