Maryland February 25, 2017
12 Things Marylanders Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Day to day, Marylanders do some funky things that may seem a bit odd to out-of-staters. We’re a unique bunch, that’s for sure. Check out this list of 12 things Marylanders do that seem insane to everyone else. How many do YOU do?
1. As soon as the weather is above 60 degrees, we're in a t-shirt and flip flops.
With Maryland weather being unpredictable, we embrace warm days while we can.
2. We save old newspapers...
3. For crab feasts, of course! And we will literally sit for hours devouring these savory morsels.
Butt cramps, anyone?
4. We put Old Bay on EVERYTHING.
Fries, corn, eggs, fish, chicken... Old Bay adds a bit of familiar zest to any dish.
5. We stampede to the grocery store before a snowstorm.
I NEED MILK, EGGS, BREAD, AND TOILET PAPER STAT, PEOPLE!!!
6. We shout "O!" during the national anthem.
While other states may find this practice disrespectful, we think of it as the opposite.
7. Our Christmas trees look like this.
During the holiday season, several towns throughout the state proudly display their trees made entirely out of crab pots or bushel baskets.
8. We will eat our weight in these fries...
The more vinegar, the better.
9. And these cookies.
10. We're a bit aggressive behind the wheel.
Leisurely Sunday drive in Maryland? Not likely.
11. Our Thanksgiving isn't complete without a side of sauerkraut.
This is a decades-old tradition in many regions of Maryland.
12. We stick the state flag on literally anything.
Car decals, clothing, mugs, home decor...
What are some other traits that are unique to Marylanders? Share your thoughts below and then check out
these 10 reasons Marylanders are America’s black sheep.