Maryland November 17, 2017
11 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Maryland
How can YOU tell when someone isn’t from Maryland? It’s actually pretty easy if you know what you’re looking for. Take a look at these 11 telltale signs…
1. They have no idea how to pick crabs.
You'll likely spot them overusing a crab mallet, sending scraps of shell shrapnel through the air.
2. They're bewildered when everyone yells "O!" during the National Anthem.
If you're not from Maryland, you just don't understand.
3. They're a passive driver.
After driving on Maryland's busy highways over the years, locals know that you need to be a bit aggressive if you want to switch lanes, or else you'll never get anywhere.
4. They've never heard of Old Bay...
Can you imagine?!
5. And they put ketchup on boardwalk fries.
Give me all of the vinegar, please.
6. They assume Maryland's only attractions are Baltimore and Ocean City.
They're missing out.
7. They freak out when crossing the Bay Bridge.
Okay, some of us locals do that, too.
8. They're not drinking local beer.
With options like Heavy Seas and Natty Boh, why order a Bud Light?
9. They don't know the term chicken necker...
If you're a tourist on the eastern shore, you're a chicken necker.
10. Or the word Hon.
A term of endearment used mostly around the Baltimore area.
11. They aren't dressed for the weather.
True Marylanders know that temperatures can change in an instant. It's always good to have a jacket on hand... just in case.
What would you add to the list? For another relatable article about Maryland life,
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.