Maryland July 29, 2017
8 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates Maryland Can Just Shut Up
All states receive a bit of hate. It’s unavoidable, especially when it comes to rival sports teams or vast differences in politics. Next time someone spews hate about Maryland, just show them the following list. Some may think we’re easy to hate, but we’re even more easy to love.
1. Can you speak up please? It's hard to hear the hate over the National Anthem.
You know... America's song that was created HERE in Maryland? You're welcome, by the way.
2. I'm afraid I just don't have enough room on my plate for Maryland haters...
In fact, why don't you channel that negative energy towards a crab cake and then swallow it down?
3. Haha. A tax joke. How original.
By the way, are you enjoying our smooth roads? They don't pay for themselves. Ask Pennsylvania.
4. Nothing to see here...
Have you ever noticed that the people who say there's nothing to do in Maryland have never actually explored the state?
5. If you don't like Baltimore, then simply don't visit.
Many Marylanders see the charm in Charm City. If you don't, then simply don't visit. The area experiences enough negativity as it is and we're striving to uplift the community, neighborhoods, and more.
6. Why get so steamed over Maryland?
No need to focus on a few flaws when there are bushels of things to love about the state.
7. We know there's a lot of traffic, but we like to think it improves our driving skills.
It keeps us alert, focused, and gives the added bonus of perfecting our changing lanes skills.
8. Yes, we do love our flag too much and we don't care what you think.
May I interest you in a Maryland flag patterned handkerchief to dab your salty tears?
For another relatable Maryland article,