Maryland November 28, 2016
10 Things People Do In Maryland That They Wouldn’t Get Away With Anywhere Else
The state of Maryland is as unique as they come. There are certain daily occurrences in the Old Line State that are totally normal here, but would be out of the ordinary in another state. Take a look at these 10 things people do in Maryland that they wouldn’t get away with anywhere else.
1. Be happy about
Give me ALL OF THE CRABS.
2. And become filled with sadness when the crabs are gone.
A sad yet accomplished sight, indeed.
3. Celebrate the holidays around a crab pot tree.
It doesn't get anymore Maryland than this.
4. Put Old Bay on anything other than seafood, including corn, fries, eggs, and more.
Try asking for Old Bay at an out-of-state restaurant and prepare to be disappointed.
5. Shout "O!!!" during the National Anthem.
Do this outside of Maryland, and you'll get some strange looks.
6. Show up to work like this every Friday.
Many work places in the Old Line State proudly support Purple Friday.
7. Wear your state flag.
The Maryland flag is bold, bright, and easy to love. Good luck wearing any other state flag (I'm talking to you, Kansas).
8. Or slap one of these bad boys on your vehicle.
If you're away from Maryland and spot another car with this sticker, you're instantly brethren.
9. Channel your inner
hon with a beehive hairstyle.
Beckon to Baltimore's past with this 'do in Maryland, and be celebrated. Do it anywhere else, and game's over, hon.
10. Reenact infamous Civil War battles.
Only in Maryland will you see this scene.
What are some other things that happen only in Maryland? Feel free to share below, and check out these
13 Things People Miss The Most About Maryland When They Leave.