You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In Maryland This Year
Nothing says summer like admiring a fantastic fireworks show on the 4th of July. If you’re wondering “Where are fireworks near me?” then you’re in luck. We’ve created a list of fireworks displays in Maryland for 2017 that’s bigger and better than our previous 2016 list. Suit up in your Old Navy flag tee, and let’s go!
The above firework displays are only the beginning. There are plenty more throughout Maryland. Check em out below!
- Cumberland Comes Alive, July 4th. Spend an evening at Canal Place enjoying a concert band and stay to see the fireworks at nightfall.
Anne Arundel County
- Glen Burnie Fireworks, July 3rd. Fireworks begin at 9pm at Saw Mill Creek Park.
- Catonsville’s Independence Day Celebration, July 4th. A parade starts at Frederick Road at 3pm, as well as other all-day activities. Fireworks display begins at 9:15pm.
- Dundalk Heritage Association Independence Day Parade and Fireworks, July 4th. The annual parade kicks off at 8:15am and later in the evening, fireworks will start at 9:15pm at North Point Government Center/Grange Elementary.
- Star-Spangled Spectacular, July 3rd. Oregon Ridge Park will host live music, food, and fireworks. Gates open at 5pm and fireworks start at dusk.
- Fireworks Over The Bay, July 2nd. Head to Chesapeake Beach Boardwalk to enjoy fireworks starting at 9:20pm.
- Solomons 4th of July Celebration, July 4th. Head to Solomons Island waterfront for a fireworks show occurring at approximately 9:15pm.
- Old-Fashioned July 4th Picnic/Celebration/Fireworks, July 4th. Starting at 3pm, Carroll County Farm Museum will have food and fun activities. Fireworks will start at 9:30pm.
- Salute to Cecil County Veterans – A Patriotic Festival and Fireworks, July 3rd. North East Community Park will host a family-fun event beginning at 5pm. Fireworks to start at dusk.
- Celebrate Charles: A Fun-Filled Fourth, July 4th. This evening event begins at 4:30pm with food and entertainment at Regency Furniture Stadium. Fireworks begin at dusk.
- Charles County Fair 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks, July 4th. Gates open at 3pm at Charles County Fairgrounds in La Plata. Enjoy live music until 9pm, followed by fireworks.
- Town of Indian Head 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks, July 4th. The Village Green and Pavilion will host this rockin’ event with music and food. Fireworks begin at 9:10pm.
- Cambridge Fireworks Display, July 4th. Visit the waterfront for fireworks at dusk.
- Frederick’s 4th – An Independence Day Celebration, July 4th. Baker Park will host an action-packed and fireworks starting at 9:30pm.
- Independence Day Celebration, July 1st. Middletown Community Park will host arts & crafts vendors, pony rides, and more starting at noon. Enjoy this all day event and end your day with a fireworks show at 9:30pm.
- Broadford Park Fireworks and Concert, July 3rd. A musical celebration begins at 7:30pm at Broadford Park in Oakland. Fireworks show to start at approximately 9:30pm.
- Fire on the Mountain Fireworks Display, July 4th. Fireworks to launch atop of Wisp Resort towards Deep Creek Lake at 9:30pm.
- Havre de Grace Independence Day Celebration, July 2nd. Tydings Memorial Park will host a block party starting at 4:30pm. A concert begins at Hutchins Park at 7pm, then fireworks at 9:20pm.
- Howard County’s July 4th Festival & Fireworks, July 4th. The celebration starts at the Columbia Lakefront at 5pm followed by fireworks at dusk.
- Chestertown’s July 4th Fireworks, July 4th. Check out the fireworks over Chester River from Wilmer Park at 9:20pm.
- Rock Hall Fireworks, July 3rd. Fireworks begin at 9pm at The Bulkhead (Bayside Avenue).
- Germantown Glory Celebration, July 4th. Live music starts at 7pm at South Germantown Recreation Park followed by fireworks at 9:15pm.
- Independence Day Celebration, July 4th. Event starts at 6pm at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park with musical festivities and vendors. Fireworks show to begin at 9:15pm.
- Mid-County Sparkles, July 4th. Catch a 7pm concert at Kensington’s Albert Einstein High School followed by fireworks at 9:15pm.
- Poolesville 4th of July Fireworks Celebration, July 4th. Head to Polo Grounds off of Hughes Road for music, food, and then fireworks at dusk.
- Takoma Park Independence Day celebration, July 4th. There will be a 10 a.m. parade at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen Avenues. Later, head to Takoma Park Middle School for dancing and music at 7pm, and fireworks at 9:30pm.
Prince George’s County
- July 4th Fest – Six Flags America, July 2-4. A three-day weekend packed with fun! Fireworks and live entertainment nightly.
Queen Anne’s County
- Centreville Fireworks, July 2nd. Festivities will run from 6pm to 10 pm. (More details to come soon)
- Kent Narrows Fireworks, July 4th. Festivities begin at 6pm at Chesapeake Exploration Center. Fireworks to start at 9:20pm.
St. Mary’s County
- Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department, July 1st. This event kicks off at 24801 Three Notch Road, Hollywood at 5pm. Live music begins at 6pm and fireworks to start at dusk.
- Freedom Fest, July 1st. Somers Cove Marina in Crisfield will host a family-friendly event from 5pm to 10pm. Enjoy games, arts & crafts, and music before enjoy fireworks at 9:15pm.
- Easton’s Carnival and 4th of July Celebration, July 4th. The Avalon Foundation will host this fun event. Carnival starts at 6pm and fireworks show to begin at dusk.
- Fireworks and Big Band Night, July 1st. Visit the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels from 7pm to 10pm for musical performances followed by fireworks at nightfall.
- Boonsboro Independence Day Celebration, July 2nd. Festivities begin at 5pm at Shafer Park. Be sure to check out the live music at 7pm and fireworks to start at sundown.
- Fireworks at Fairgrounds Park, July 4th. The event begins at Hagerstown’s Fairgrounds Park at 6pm and fireworks to take place at 9:30pm.
- Independence Day Celebration, July 4th. Visit Byron Memorial Park during the afternoon and enjoy fireworks by night.
- Red, White, & BOOM, July 4th. Head to County Stadium in Salisbury for this family fun event. Vendors open for business at 6:30pm and fireworks begin at 9:15pm.
- Family Fun for Independence Day Celebration, July 1st. Head to Snow Hill’s Sturgis Park for an event lasting from 5:30pm to 10pm. Fireworks start at dusk and glowsticks will be available to heighten the experience.
Did we miss any fireworks spots in Maryland? Let us know below and we will add it to the list! Keep checking in for new events as Independence Day draws closer.