It's Not Christmas In Maryland Until You Do These 10 Enchanting Things
There is lots of festive fun to be enjoyed during the holiday season. These 10 enchanting things to do for Christmas in Maryland are a must-do throughout the holidays and are a sure way to get you into the Maryland Christmas spirit. Let’s go!
What are some other annual traditions or your and your family’s favorite Christmas events in Maryland? If you’re up for a little outdoor exploring, check out these frozen waterfalls in Maryland. Or you can stay cozy in the car and go on our Christmas lights in Maryland road trip, just don’t forget to check our road trip packing list first so you have all of the essentials.
More to Explore
Christmas Things To Do In Maryland
What are the best hotels in Maryland to stay in for Christmas?
Here are a few of the best hotels in Maryland perfect for a Christmas stay:
- If you’re looking for a hotel that is beautifully decorated at Christmas, check out Antrim 1844, a historic hotel that's located in Carroll County on a restored plantation. Not only does it go all out with Christmas decor, but you can also enjoy the best hotel restaurant in the country, the onsite Smokehouse Restaurant while staying there.
- Another hotel that is gorgeous during the holidays is Gaylord National Resort at Maryland's National Harbor, which transforms its huge atrium into an enchanting Christmas village, complete with twinkling trees, charming shops, and a dazzling light show with a "floating" tree.
- For one of the unique hotels in Maryland, check out The Treehouse Camp at Rohrersville.
- Readers will especially love the Hotel Indigo Baltimore in Mt Vernon, which has a lobby library, literary-themed murals, and artsy decor.
What are some other fun Christmas activities in Maryland?
Check out these exciting Christmas activities in Maryland:
- If you enjoy handmade crafts or are looking for this type of gift for someone, you will want to go to the Maryland Christmas Show at the Frederick County Fairgrounds, which has seven buildings full of these types of special finds.
- Dine in a whimsical winter wonderland at Miracle On Magothy Beach, a Christmas-themed restaurant and bar that not only gets decked out for the holidays but also serves delicious seasonal drinks.
- You can also experience the largest drive-thru lights show at the Festival of Lights in Watkins Regional Park.
- Take a Christmas train ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Take a trip to St. Michaels to see one of the most beautiful Christmas main streets in the state.